Aalyiah, Kelsey & THE BROTHERS By: Bri(;

Chapter -"The Neighbors?"

Kelsey's Viewpoint*

2:00p.m.

My illness is getting worse by the minute. It's giving the most ridiculous cramps, breathing problems, and it's so unbearable because I can't eat most foods. My life is taking it's toll right now. No, my illness isn't going deadly I mean c'mon I'm fourteen years old. Plus I'm not the only one with a illness, my older sis had dyslexia which effects her alphabet. I know this is insane! It's cause our mother Kasidy Coleman had these illnesses also, she had mine at only five years old than she had Aalyiah's at about twenty years old.

If only me and Aalyiah's life was normal. We're adopted by our friend's mother. Davi Jones. Ms. Jones is nice but she isn't like our mother. Mother had something special. We were like jewels in her life, lung cancer gave her the devil. Our mother was brave but . . . it's hard when fooling the struggle with cancer. I couldn't bear to see mother in pain at times. Aalyiah had depression when Mother went through it.

I'm seated in Ms. Jones bedroom, waiting patiently on Aalyiah. She had to wash the dishes, every night we take turns on doing chores. I'm not fully computed on doing the dishes though this isn't our household. We might be adopted for only two more weeks until we'd have to go back to the Foster Care Home, I have hatred on that place really. Kids treating each other badly. Especially me. I get the most hatred because of my paining illness. Aalyiah did too but not as much. Aalyiah finally entered the room.

"Hi, Aalyiah." I beamed. "Hey, girl. Um, Ms. Jones said we have to be out her room by three," she responded, slightly sad in the eyes.

"Oh. Why so?" I questioned. Aalyiah gave a seat beside me.

"Supper. We're eating fish sticks with salad."

"Oh." I managed. I didn't know what to say.

"How's the cramps treating you?" she asked me, barely above a whisper. I sighed a breath full of pain and misery.

"Excuse my French, sis. But hell," I growled. Aalyiah rubbed my back in small circular motions and leaned me onto her shoulder while whispering, "Anything isn't everything."

I nodded in agreement. That's the saying Mother used to say to us all the time. Anything isn't everything means anything isn't going to end until everything goes right. I never really gotten what it suppose to mean. "Aalyiah, mother never explained that meaning to us," I told her. She smirk than said, "Your right."

"AALYIAH AND KELSEY, SUPPER TIME!" Announced Ms. Jones. Me and Aalyiah broken up our embrace getting up of the bed, making our way towards the hall through the kitchen. I peered in alongside Aalyiah. Ms. Jones flashed a warm smile before us with, "Hello, gals. Ready for supper?"

I gave a small cringe. My stomach is giving me the blues. Gosh. "Yes, ma'am." I heard Aalyiah claim. Ms. Jones gave me a look I walked quick to the wooden chair and sat down. Getting put in front of me, salad with a side a fish sticks. I made sure to not to eat too fast. I can only drink water and Apple juice. No soda, caffeine, or anything other. Ridiculous right?

Aalyiah squinted at me while biting a fish stick. My eyes widened making me ask, "What, Aalyiah?"

"Oh nothing, girl." I shrugged, shaking off the subject. Suddenly, Ms. Davi's voice boomed, "Oh gals. We got new neighbors."

I make shift in the thin chair. "Who are they, ma'am?" As if on cue, a group of boys piled in beside Ms. Davi.

No...