Could He Be My Prince Charming?

This book is in the process of being edited . c: 

Kenzie .

“I’ve never had a hug that’s ever made me feel like that.”  Was all I could say to myself after I hugged him. I knew in that moment that I wanted to be with him. He made me feel safe and loved with just one hug. Once I turned and looked into his eyes I knew we both felt it. Those butterflies you get when you see someone you have a huge crush on, but we both know we felt something more than that. Something much stronger. After we let go it was hard to walk away, but  my friends and myself all wanted to know one thing. Does he like me like I do him?

Chris.

“She’s beautiful.” Were the only words that came to my mind while I held her in my arms. I knew if I ever grew the guts to ask her out, I’d make her my everything. I’ve liked her for two years now, but I could never tell her. All I wanted was to be with her after that hug. Once she started to walk away all I could say was damn. She’s so beautiful she takes my breath away. I have to get with her. I have too.

Kenzie.

The next day I found out he was going to be in my sixth and seventh period. I was so happy to be able to have more classes with him. All I did was stare at him during sixth  period. He had the most gorgeous smile. The way he’d look at me gave me hope that today would be the day he asked me out. I tried so hard not to let him  catch me staring at him, but when he did all I could do was blush and look away. Then the bell rang I wanted to walk with him to seventh period, but I was too shy. I was about to sit down when he walked over to me and said,  “I have to ask you something.”

Chris.

I saw her standing there outside of the class I wanted to ask her out then, but I kept telling myself no not right now. During class I’d catch her staring at me. The bell rung and I was walking with her best friend to our next class. We talked about how I was going to ask her out, but her best friend didn’t believe me. Then I saw her sitting there. I took a deep breath, walked over and said, “ Kenzie, do you want to go out with me?” When she said yes I felt like the happiest man alive.

Kenzie.

I can still remember the smile he had on his face once I said yes. That smile was one of the many things that made me fall in love with him. But I knew how he was , he never dated any girl longer than a few weeks. He’d get tired and move on, but I had a feeling it was different with me. And it was, after a few months of going steady with him I finally met his mom and stepdad. Then he told me he wanted to meet my parents.

Chris.

I thought it was awkward how she meant my mom, yet it was cool at the same time. My mom seemed to like her which was good  on my part. I was joking around with her and said I wanted to meet her parents. My next game she told her mom who I was. I wasn’t sure what was said after that, but I wasn’t sure if it’d be good or not.

Kenzie.

“No MacKenzie, I won’t allow it you’re not allowed to date a black boy.” My mother angrily said as we left the school. I was in tears. I really did like Chris and I wasn’t going to stop seeing him just because my parents wanted me too. After, long weeks of talking and thinking about it. I finally sat down and talked to my parents. They knew already that I wouldn’t stop seeing him, and they did say they wanted to meet him and would give him a chance. But we all knew they wouldn’t like him right away, nor would they like the fact we were together anytime soon…