t w e n t y t w o 🌻

The night was quiet and calm. Everyone was asleep. Except for Tyler. He was alone in the guest room with all the lights off. Darkness flooded through his eyes. He was afraid.

He couldn't turn off the lights because he didn't know how a lamp worked. Josh never told him about a lamp. He never even showed him how to open the door. He felt trapped. The only other thing he could do was sob.

Josh woke up from Tyler's sobs. He didn't know what they were when his eyes opened. He assumed it was noises coming from outside. But when he looked, they weren't.

He ran into Tyler's room as quickly as he could. Only to find Tyler lying on the floor in his own pool of tears. His body was hot and shaky. His heart was racing. The child was sad.

"Flower."

The boy looked up to see Josh looking upon him. Josh touched his cheek; rubbing away the remainder of his tears.

"It's me flower."

When Tyler saw that it was him, he buried himself in Josh's arms.

The boy cried. All he could do was cry. Josh kept him close; kissing his burning hot forehead.

"I'm here little flower. I'll always be here."

Eventually, Tyler fell asleep in Josh's arms. The man realized he couldn't leave Tyler alone anymore. His life was like glass that could break when freed.

He decided to sleep with Tyler for the remainder of the night.