Prolouge; Counting Raindrops

Leah Carr's POV:

It was raining, this was normal here in England, having raindrops on your window pain was normal. I stared out the window for hours trying to count how many raindrops would hit my Vespa. 1,420. The raindrops hit the front of my Vespa, causing the Mod target colors to intensify, the red became more of a deep bright red, and the blue became a dark sea.

"Leah, James on the phone for you." I didn't want to talk to anyone, not one Mod I wanted to talk to. I was tired of talking to them, they always were back talking those Rockers. Don't get me wrong I am a Mod, I just don't understand the war between Mods and Rockers.

"I don't wish to talk to him right now." I spoke lightly to my grandmother, I was thankful she took me in after that house fire. Killing both my parents, nearly a year ago. I let out a sigh, feeling the soft wrinkled skin of my grandmothers hand on my upper arm. She lightly stoked it with her thumb, she knew I was unhappy and she didn't like it.

1,720.

--

Tyler Wiggins's POV:

I lite another cigarette, taking in a big breath of it. I let out a sigh, I was tired of everything, all the fights, the yelling, the constant black eyes. I wish it could all stop. It began to rain harder, I flipped up the collar to my leather jacket, I was in Mod teritory, but I could care less. I walked ferther up the street, inhaling the smoke. This soothed me, this was the only thing that soothed me, nothing else worked. The rain was messing up my hair, but acordding to my mother, it needed to be washed. All the grease I put in it causes it to look dirty.

This war was driving me crazy, the war between us Rockers and those stuck up Mods. I haven't met one Mod that wasn't stuck up. I stared down at the water running through the gutter, it flowed with perfect ease. I wish my life was like that, insted I was sucked into this fight with James Roe and his stupid Mod group. I stopped looking up, letting the rain hit my brusied face.

Life could get alot better, then I noticed her. She was beautiful, young, kind, and very Mod. Leah Carr, James Roe's bird. I fell in love. Hard.