Drunk on jealousy

Jemma buried her head in her pillow, as tears rolled down her face. She was an idiot for thinking that going to the boiler room was a good idea. Obviously fitz would be there with his new 'girlfriend'.
She didn't know why seeing together was affecting her so deeply. Maybe it was because she didn't like the girl he was dating? Maybe she felt protective?
It was like her mind was a jigsaw puzzle but none of the pieces fit together correctly.
After a few more minutes past, Jemma sat up on her bed in her dorm room. Her face was red from crying and she'd never felt so lonely in her life. She needed her best friend but he wasn't there. No one was.
She heard a knock on the door and she could hear the annoying giggle of fitzs girlfriend , Clara. Jemma rolled her eyes, her annoyance getting the best of her. She stood up to go and answer the door and stood there, completely drunk, was fitz and Clara. Fitz had his arm wrapped around Clara, grinning childishly.
"Hey bestie!" Fitz slurred and laughed hysterically.
"Hi" Jemma said, her voice dull. She'd clearly been crying but fitz was too drunk to see it.
After a few more laughs, fitz collapses into the floor and Clara just laughed. Jemma gently helped fitz onto her bed. She watched as Clara clumsily made her way down the corridor.
Getting drunk was not something regular for fitz, he barely ever went to the boiler room and he barely ever socialised.
"Fitz..." Jemma said as he clutched his forehead and laughed.
"Leo..." Jemma said looking which got fitzs attention.
"You've been crying" he observed, his drunk mind slowly calming as best as it could
"what's wrong?" He asked and Jemma just shrugged.
"It's nothing" she said, her voice barely above a whisper.
"Goodnight Jemma" fitz said before falling to sleep. She wiped her tears away and gently put a blanket over him. She curled up next to him and sighed
"I love you" she said under her breath.

••••••••••
The next morning fitz woke up with an awful headache as he sat up. He winced in pain as his vision blurred into a focus.
"Good morning" Jemma said handing him a warm mug of tea.
"Jemma...don't shout" he said groaning
"I'm not shouting you're just having a pretty rough hangover" Jemma said "which serves you right for drinking so much last night" she said softly.
"How much did drink?" he asked worriedly
"By the looks of it about four beers" she said putting a cold compress to his forehead.
"Oh god I'm gonna be late for class" he muttered "I told our professors that you came down with the flu" Jemma said.
"Thanks for taking care of me jem" he said quietly and meaningfully.
"I wouldn't have it any other way" Jemma said kissing his cheek