Natsu Tries To Cut His Hair

"Oh my god Natsu - that's not how you do that."

          "Well why not? Is there a certain way you have to do these things?"

          "Most of the time – yeah."

          "Look," He holds the scissors up, "it's working. I told you my way would work."

          "I'm cringing."

          "I'm trying to focus."

          "Natsu, do you see my face? I'm cringing." Lucy croaked.

          He doesn't look over. "I can't really look right now. Stop distracting me and maybe you''ll stop cringing." Natsu keeps sliding the scissors into his hair to slowly cut off the points that fall in front of his ears. His bushy eyebrows tense to meet each other while his dark eyes stay trained to the spot where his hair previously was. Every time he closes the scissors to create that God awful kkkrrrit, Lucy watches in horror as they fall to the counter in small heaps.

          She breathes in, stares as he chops off another chunk, and guiltily squints her eyes. "That – that's my bathroom counter."

          He gently grabs another piece to cut. "Mhm," Is all he says.

          Lucy waits another five minutes for him to finish, silently staring at both of their reflections in her bathroom mirror. When he's finished, he lowers the scissors with his brow still tensed, as if he's trying to get a serious look at himself in the glass. They're both silent; Natsu trained on himself while Lucy darts her eyes between them – brows raised. She parts her lips to say something, but Natsu sets the scissors down on the counter with a clink, stopping her. His body relaxes, and he lets out a long sigh.

          Lucy's fingers twitch. "So, you're done?"

          Natsu blinks. "Yeah."

          It's silent again for a moment before a small gust of wind makes their hair blow, and Happy comes in to inspect the two figures in the bathroom.

          "You guys have been in here for a wh-" The cat stops. His furry feline eyes widen at Natsu's butchered hair and his wings flap unsteadily.

          "Natsu, you look like a sprite fairy!"

          Lucy covers her mouth and steps aside to laugh while Natsu looks back at the mirror with worry. The face he makes when he longingly clutches his choppy hair reveals that yes, this was a terrible idea. And yes, he could not in fact be a hair dresser.

          Natsu groans with his head against the counter. He rolls his head over to Lucy's smiling face and looks at her almost pained. "Please don't tell anyone."

          She tucks her fingers under her chin. "I don't think I'll have to. The visual is enough."