HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I was woken up to a loud bang on my door, it was only 6:27 who the hell was at my house? Then two more bangs. I decide that I should really go check who's at the door. "who is it?" I ask, trying my best to say it calmly but my voice cracks halfway through saying it and my nerves peaked through.

No answer.

I hesitantly start walking to my door but before I get there I make my way to my desk and get my pocket knife, "better to be safe then sorry" I say, but only to myself. Another knock.

I have so many questions roaming through my mind by the time I get to my door. What if it's ice, maybe they're finally taking me like they took my parents. As soon as that thought crosses my mind I remembered that day, May 23rd, 2014. I begin to remember how loud my brother and I where screaming, our parents telling us to calm down and that it was going to be okay

I finally get the courage to walk closer to the door, but only because the knocks seemed to have stopped. "Who's there" I say just to make sure they're gone. I waited a couple of minutes to see if they where gonna knock again but as soon as I decided they weren't there any more I swung my door open.

Both my knife and my jaw dropped as soon as my mind processed who it was standing at the other side of the door.

"It's nice to see you again, Alexandria" My mother says with no emotion in her voice, I look over to my father who is standing right next to her. They both have blank faces and although their eyes are plastered on me it seems like they aren't even looking at me.

"h-how are you guys here? I thought they took you away" These where the only words that could come out of my mouth, I couldn't think of anything else to say. "What are you talking about? Who took us away" my father responded with a stern tone to his voice.

What the hell are they talking about? They know what happened to them, right? Why are they acting like nothing happened?

"Happy birthday Alex!" I hear someone say but my parents lips remained closed. I look around to see who said this but it's only the three of us. My parents just stood there, staring at me as though I was crazy. "Alex" I hear, but again their mouth remain still.

My brothers the only one who calls me that, but he's no where to be seen, I feel a sudden tug on my shoulder then it began to rain. I was in my house still, how is it raining!?

"ALEX, WAKE UP"

My eyes jolted open as I realized that it was only a dream. My older brother, Romeo was towering above me with a cup full of water that seemed to have been half empty.

"That explains the rain" I bicker. "what" Romeo responds squinting his eyes at me as though I was crazy. "nothing" I say quickly so he could forget I said anything.

"Happy birthday sis" Romeo screams as if forgetting that I just woke up. He tries to say this in a upbeat tone but we can both tell that he's hurt as well. Today marks three years since our parents where taken away from us.

"Thanks Romeo" I say giving him a slight smile as to make sure he knows that i'm okay. "do you have anything planned today for me" I say hoping I have the chance to get out of the house so I don't have to think about everything that has happened.

"Indeed I do!" He responds in the most cheerful voice, he walks out of my room giving me enough time to change out of my pajamas into some nicer clothes. Once he comes back I had just gotten out of the shower and my hair was soaking wet "So what are we doing today" I ask him.