Yours-Sequel to sexual education

Chapter One

-London-

The brisk autumn wind breaks through my thin coat and a shudder rakes through my body at the cold.

"You think this is bad, just wait till Winter."

I've been told since the beginning of autumn. I've been hoping  that they're just overreacting though.

I quickly wave at the uncharacteristically friendly New Yorker when he allows me to cross the street. One thing I have not gotten used to in my 10 months in New York is the busy streets. Every hour is rush hour.

What I have gotten used to though is the amazing coffee shop on Newman Avenue. They have the biggest muffins I have ever seen and not to mention the coffee is as afore mentioned, amazing.

I've been coming to this coffee shop every morning before classes for the past 8 months after discovering the hidden coffee shop. It is also where I got to know Fin.

"London!" Speak of the devil. I spin around and nearly bump into Fin. I laugh and softly apologize right before his lips connect with mine. As I try to enjoy our kiss, I can't quite shake the feeling of someone watching me.

***  

"Hey London what's up?" Riley answers her phone and I grin and turn the key in the hole, my dorm room door flying open seconds later. I quickly tell Riley to hold on a minute and shake my jacket from my shoulders, throwing it on my bed and untying my hair.

"I was wondering if maybe you wanted to catch dinner at the pub? Fin's left to see his parents in Arisona so I'm alone for the week. I bite my lip in anticipation and wait for my friend to reply.

"Sure! I'll meet you there at around 8 alright?"I agree with her arrangement and end the call not long after. I check the time on my wall clock and decide that since it's about an hour still before I have to leave, that I might as well just take a shower.

I walk over to my closet and pull out a towel, a dress and some brown wedges to go with the dress.

My shower is quick and before I know it, it's time to leave for the pub. I grab my  cell phone and sling a bag over my shoulder, quickly shutting my door behind me.

"London! Over here, darling!" I whip my head to the side and smile when I'm greeted with those familiar red locks. I make my way over to Riley and wave to one of the waitresses as I do so. Right as I sit down a girl with a ponytail comes and asks my order.

"Chai tea latte and the chicken salad please," I smile kindly and she nods and rushes off. I turn in my seat to look at my friend.

"So how's work?" I ask her and put my bag beside me on an empty chair next to hers. She shrugs her shoulders and sips on her rum and coke.

"Been okay I guess. So listen I need to tell you something. It's kind of weird though," she looks down at the table as if she's contemplating telling me or not. My brows furrow and she sighs and looks up at me just as the waitress brings my chai tea latte and a plate of spaghetti for Riley. She smiles and thanks the girl before turning to look at me. "There was this really sketchy guy that came by the bar today and he was asking about a girl with brown hair and blue green eyes. I asked what her name is and he said it's London an-"

"What did he look like?" I ask her and the feeling of being watched came over me again as Riley gave me this piece of information. She bites her lip and I shoot her a look as if to threaten her into telling me.

"Well he had brown hair and it was styled in a curly quaff. Don't worry I didn't tell him anything about you! I just said that I didn't know him," She says frantically. My mind though doesn't stop working. What if it was Harry? Did he come back for me? Like he promised he would many months ago? Had he finally figured things out and was ready to settle down?

"London, do you know this guy?" Riley asks. My head snaps up and I look at her with wide eyes.

"I think so," I say. She rolls her eyes and motions for me to continue, "He's this guy from high school. We had a thing and I think he might be looking for me. Don't stress about it." I wave my hand nonchalantly even though my mind is stirring with explanations and fantasies about if it really is him.

"Does he know you're with Fin?" She asks and I frown.

"What?"

"Fin, you know your boyfriend? God this must be some guy if he can make you forget about Fin so easily." Right, Fin. How could I forget about him. I shake my head and the waitress puts down my salad in front of me, the check as well.

"What's his name?" Riley asks.

"Harry," I say and my hands freeze in the middle of scooping up some lettuce with my fork. That's the first time I've said his name in 8 months.

"Harry. He's quite hot. Eyes are to die for!" She squeals and I laugh and shake my head, trying to give the impression that I am not freaking out inside with the possibility that Harry is in New York.

*** 

"Yes, Riley I'll be fine." I hug her once more and she kisses my cheek. Our dinner ended up consisting of more Harry talk, some dessert and her plans for the weekend. When we finally walked out of the pub it was already close to half 11.

"Alright, well call me when you get home safe? I still don't understand how you refuse to let me drive you home." She tuts. I roll my eyes playfully and let go of her shoulders to release her from the hug.

"I told you, I like the walk. It's like 2 blocks anyway. I'll see you tomorrow yeah?" She nods and I smile, greeting her one last time before we part our ways. I sling my bag over my shoulder and start the short walk back to my apartment building.

Thoughts of Harry and our time together last year flood through my mind as I walk home. The streets are surprisingly quite for a Friday night, but that's probably only because I live in a very quite neighborhood. I follow the path of the pebbles I've kicked and my heart nearly drops to the floor when I look up to see who's feet have stopped the rocks from rolling.

His smirk is evident even in the dimly lit street.

"London, nice to see you."

Stone. Stone van Buuren is stood in front of my building.