Chapter 1: We're Moving

Cheshires p.o.v.~

  Dear diary,
      Today my dad, the Cheshire cat, told me we were going to move. I love my home in England, especially the tree in the backyard. It's huge, tall, and strong. But I didn't argue because it would be nice to explore another forest and meet new people. But I have to leave my two best friends behind. That sucks. Their names are Emily and Lily. They were basically complete opposites. Emily was introverted and quiet, not to mention smart with straight A' s at school. She would always be wearing some sort of skirt and t-shirt. Whereas Lily was an extrovert that always spoke her thoughts and was very loud. She always needed help in math and science, but only those classes. She always wore jeans and t-shirts. But you know what they say, opposites attract. But I'm the glue between them. I'm somewhere in the middle. I am an ambevert, out there with Lily and Emily, but really quiet and shy around new people. Or really anyone else. Anywho, this was fun. Until next time.
Love you,
Cheshire.

   I set down my journal as I finished my entry and paused my music. It was about 2 a.m. and I wasn't the least bit tired. I don't have insomnia or anything it's just that I sleep during the day and am up almost all night. My dad's the same way. Me and dad share a lot of the same traits but some are most likely from my mom. I never met or knew her so I wouldn't know. I was born with blonde hair but I died it red, it faded and now is . My ears and tail match my dad's, blue and purple stripes. I had to be really careful when dying my hair so I didn't get my ears. My dad homeschools  so I don't need to hide them, and Emily and Lily think they're cute.

Morning/7:00 a.m.~

   I yawned softly as I got up and stretched. My cat like stretching gets all the kinks out of my bones. Today is the day I move to America. I'm not sure what part but dad promised it would be near or in the woods. I got out of bed slowly and walked over to my dresser. Pulling out a pair of jean shorts with beads on them and a white tank-top with Maroline Monroe and "normal is boring" quote in sparkles, I walk to the bathroom to take a shower. I lathered my hair in shampoo that smelled like coconut and watermelon. It's my favorite, for both the scent and the fact it makes the pink color remain in my hair. After all of the stuff I have to do in the shower I stepped out and wrapped myself in a towel. I brushed my damp hair and got dressed.

  "Hey kitten, want some breakfast I'm making pancakes." My dad said as I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. Taking my seat at the bar by the stove I nodded my head vigeresly.

  "I would love some pancakes dad, as long as you add chocolate chips and sliced strawberries on top." I replied. He chuckled and shook his head at my childish behavior.

  "Of course, what other way would I do it?" He asked. It's most likely rethorical but I'm going to answer anyway.

  "The way you do yours?" I offered and he shook his head again but a small smile graced his lips. I smiled up at him. He's always smiling and never really all that upset. After a few minutes my short stack of pancakes was finished and the plate was gracefully placed in front of me. I ate them, well as my dad says, inhaled them and washed my dishes. Then I put them back in the box of stuff like that.

  "Do you have at least enough outfits to last you a week or to in the car?" My dad asked me while combing his black hair. I shook my head and ran back up to my room. I grabbed my duffel back and put my new notebook in it then ran back downstairs. I put it in the car and went back to the living room, where my dad was standing.

  "Yes I do." I answered his question. He smiled at me and started towards the front door for the last time. I'm going to miss this house. The ride to the airport was quiet but not uncomfortable. Most of the time at least one of us was was humming a tune we probably didnt even know.

  "Finally!" I exclaimed as I hopped out of the car and started walking towards the entrance of the airport.

  "It didn't take that long Cheshire, your just impatient." My dad roles his eyes as he held the door open for me. My duffel bag was draped lazily over my shoulder and bounced with ever step I took. We went through the whole security thing and all that business and now are bording the plane. This is my first time flying so I'm pretty nervous but mostly excited and curious. As the plane took off my dad held my hand, for either my comfort or his, I'm not sure. I'm so ready to start this adventure.