Chapter 1

I wake up on my couch, with the smell of alcohol, in the air, and a major headache. I get up and start to move around in hopes to ease this skull hammering headache.

That's when I realize I'm not the only one awake, my friend Tristan is sitting at the kitchen island, talking to someone on the phone, "hey have you seen Aspen? He's not at his place"

I think in my head, how did he not see me asleep on the couch, knowing he stayed the night after the party last night, and has been awake before me.

I go up to him to try and startle him, but he's still on the phone, unfazed by me jumping in front of him. He doesn't even make eye contact, I try to tap him on the shoulder to get his attention, but go straight through his body instead, getting a cold and achy feeling through my whole body, it's excruciating. I recoil my hand immediately, shaking. I look at him and he's still not looking my way and is talking on the phone as if nothing happened,"yeah it's weird for him to just disappear like that."

At this point I'm screaming at him "I'M RIGHT HERE! RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!" I go to shake him and once again I go right through him, the cold and achy feeling returns.

He goes to leave through the front door. I run after him, he closes the door right in front of my face and I try to stop before I run face first into the door, but end up running straight through it.

I just see him getting into a taxi, all the while I'm screaming his name. I run into the street and try to reach the car, but it takes off without me. Now I'm just standing in the middle of the busy street.

The whole time, cars and people just past straight through me. Each time I feel colder and more alone, than before.