Love Me Softly

*Beast Master Fan Fic.*

     "Leo!" I called out happily, waving my arms around. It was a beautiful, warm spring day. The dog park was full of happy, smiling people, men and women alike. It's true, the majority of them were gorgeous girls, all in tank tops, or short sleeves, not to mention short shorts, but you had to point out the utterly amazing looking guys there. Leo was bending over near a tree, over half of his face hidden by a man standing in the way. A thought hit me, so suddenly that I nearly screamed.

     "Leo!" I cried out. "Don't pee on that tree!" He didn't look up, so I closed my eyes and rushed toward him. I got behind him and  tugged, careful to keep my hands wayyyy above his waist. "Leo!"

     Suddenly, a voice pried my eyes open. The soft female voice was as smooth as Shea Butter. "Leo, I know you're just joking around." A little giggle before she opened her long lashed, blue eyes. Her voice turned shrill as she yelled "Hey! Get your arms OFF of my boyfriend!" She angrily shoved Leo out of the way (Who, just so you know, was still kissing her on her NECK) and pushed me backward. I stumbled, and Leo's eyes popped open.

     "I- I - I can't believe this!" I yelled. "Leo, you're such an ASS!" I screamed, tears streaming down my face. Spinning around, I sprinted away.

     "Yuiko!" he called after me. I heard his footsteps hot on my  trail, and knew he was hot on my heels. I also knew that he could catch me if he wanted to.

     Thankfully, he gave up pursuit. I ran to my apartment, and tried to open the door with my shaky hand. My breath tumbled out in short gasps, my eyes burning with hot tears. The tears streamed down my face, down my throat, through which I was gulping down, more like chocking down, my sobs. I finally managed to open my door, and slammed my door shut. I slid down with my back against the door. Sobbing with my hands limp and on my legs, I stared at the ceiling, letting the tears flow out.

     Let's face it. I thought Leo was "The One", but maybe he's not. He cheated on me, for Gods sake! I looked down at my lap, my head lulling to the side. I took out my wallet, and looked at a picture of Leo. Tracing the outline of his face lightly, I whispered to myself: "Why Leo? Why did you do this to me?"

     I slowly felt my eyes close. The last thing I remember is tears splattered on the protective cover over Leo's face.