jumpsuit; epilogue

Cynthia gave birth eventually, to a beautiful baby girl. Tyler was excited to raise a child, and so was she. Of course, there was the occasional fear that always comes with being a new parent; what if you don't raise the child right? What if you do something wrong?

Those two, no matter how broken their pasts were, raised her with grace. They raised her the best they could, and they did well.

Gracie and Josh did become parents shortly before them; their daughter looked more like Gracie than anything, which she did use against Josh a lot. It was quite entertaining, those arguments. They were never violent; always joking, playful, lighthearted.

The two children grew up together, becoming best friends. They did everything together; one never left the other's side. Even when they reached high school, they were still very close to one another. They never did anything rash; they were never bad people.

They both seemed perfectly normal.

Until Cynthia and Tyler's child ended up in the hospital from a suicide attempt.

It was out of the blue; unexpected. She had looked okay. Why? Why did she try to take her own life? It turned out that she had been suffering from depression for years, but it never really surfaced until high school hit.

The two parents were stricken with grief; they didn't know what to do. It was horrible, seeing their daughter's hidden scars be uncovered.

She managed to grow past it, trying to leave her past behind. But it was hard. She was teased immensely, and her best friend had started drifting away, slowly and surely.

She was alone.

She was afraid.

She eventually grew up; as an adult, she felt she had more freedom, more room to just breathe and enjoy herself. Enjoy the quiet.

She became an artist first; she was quite successful. But then she realised that that wasn't what she wanted to spend her whole life doing.

So she started a band.

And boy, were they big.

People loved them; their music spoke to so many across the globe. It was awe-inspiring.

She was happy. Really, truly happy.

And she liked being happy.