chapter one

cover art by strawberrypon on tumblr🍓

( this takes place when rad & enid are younger kids !! & it's after their date hehe )

Enid had returned home after she & Rad's date. She was still really torn up about it so she had just miserably walked to her room & felt quite upset.

Enid swung her feet back & forth gently on her bed. She was writing in a diary of hers.

"dear diary, today wasn't really a good day..rad didn't turn out to be as good of a guy i thought he'd be. our date wasn't that good..i really, really wish it would've worked. -"

Enid set down the pen she had been using.

"Enid, honey!! Dinner!" her dad yelled from downstairs.

Enid tucked her diary underneath her mattress & headed downstairs.

Enid's dad ( Bernard ) gave her a kiss on her forehead.

She couldn't help but giggle.

"Your whiskers are tickling my forehead." Enid said smiling.

Her dad was a nice werewolf & her mom was a Vampire.

She pulled away from her father & sat down at the table.

Enid's mom smiled at her & set dinner down.

Enid smiled back. But she just didn't feel happy. She just felt..troubled.

Enid let out a sigh & put a hand to her head.

She shook that weird, empty feeling off & began to eat her dinner.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Later...

Enid had told her parents goodnight after watching a movie with them.

Enid had gone to the bathroom to change. She wore a black tank top & dark blue ninja pajama pants.

She then headed into her room & laid on the floor to stare at the ceiling.

"Why am i feeling this way? i shouldn't even of expected that date to work." Enid convinced herself.

Enid closed her eyes for a moment.

"This feeling will go away. I hope it does.." Enid said as she took a deep breath.

"Enid."

that sounded like rad's voice..

Enid furrowed her eyebrows but still kept calm.

"Hah, I really need to go to sleep." Enid laughed quietly to herself.

"Enid."

Enid opened her eyes & sat up.

"What?" She said startled.

"Enid!"

"R-Rad?" Enid questioned.

"Enid!"

She stood up & looked out her window. It was open but she lifted the screen.

"Rad? Wh- What are you doing here!" Enid said startled at first, but then her tone got angrier.