Ehh!?

Keith wondered down the dimly lit corridors of the castle. As he was passing Lance's room he overheard a muffled cry coming from Lance's room. Keith approached the door but was hesitant when he heard Lance speak with a hiarse throat.

"Of all the people to fall for why did it have to be him. Why did it have to be Keith..."

Keith stood frozen, unsure if he heard Lance correctly, Keith waited for him to speak once more.
"He doesn't care for me like that. After all im just a boy from Cuba," Lance exhales. "Why does it have to be Keith. I mean I tried flirting with Allura it kinda worked for a while but for some reason I started doing it less cause of the look Keith would give me. Maybe he fancies Allura."

Keith stepped back at what Lance was saying, he couldn't believe what he was hearing. Lance the boy he fell for ever since being in the garrisons likes him. But the way he was talking right now pained Keith, Keith felt guilt ride up his throat and squeeze his heart. Keith's eyes became foggy as tears threaten to fall. He couldn't let Lance hurt just because Keith was a coward and didn't confess his feelings. With a shaky breath Keith knocked on Lance's door. Silence filled the cooridor Keith was standing in and the room Lance was weeping in.

"Yes?"

"Lance..."

They fell silent once more. Keith let in a shaky breath to calm his nerves, and Lance let out a shaky breath trying to keep his emotions under control.

"Ha, Keith wh-what are you doing up so late?"

"Couldn't sleep. What about you?"

Lance paused for a second shocked that Keith was concerned about him.

"Couldn't sleep either."

"Lance please let me in."

Lance stilled his breathing shocked by Keith's words, in what way did he mean? Lance didn't know but he decided would be best if he opened the door for Keith. Once the door was opened Lance looked over to Keith with red eyes and tears streaming down his face. With one swift movement Keith enveloped Lance in his arms, burrowing his head in the crook of Lance's neck. Lance wore a blank expression for a mere second before realizing Keith was hold him in his arms. The rose to Lance's cheeks, he looked down slightly to the black haired paladin.

"Uh Keith!?"
Keith said nothing for awhile before speaking.

"Lance... I care for you so much more than you could ever imagine. Please I just want you to let me in that beautiful head of yours and the pure heart of yours and I promise I will listen to everything you have to say whether its teasing about someone or telling me your concerns and flaws or telling me how much you miss your family. I will always be there for you to talk to or a shoulder for you to cry on. Even if I can't be here in person I want you to know that I care about you... I care so much about you Lance..."
Keith has tears pouring from his eyes as did Lance. As Keith spoke once more Lance felt something more.

'Eh...?' Lance's thoughts going so fast he could hardly process what was happening.

"Because... I love you Lance..."

Lances brain shutdown until he realized the boy he fell in love with just confessed to him.

"Ehh!?"
Lance was speechless, Keith stood up straight and stared into his eyes.

"Lance McClain. I love you. I have loved you for so long. So, please, let me in..."
Keith's eyes had tears in them as he held a shaky smile. Lance's eyes lit up as new tears began to fall. they weren't tears of pain and regectiong, they were tears of joy, love and compassion for the Mullet haired boy in front of him. Lance pulled Keith into a sweet kiss. Keith was surprised at first before leaning into the kiss. wrapping his arms around Lance's neck. As the move back from the kiss ever so slightly Lance let out a breathless sentence.
"I love you too, Keith Kogane..."

Little did they know that everyone in the castle witnessed the heartfelt exchange between the two with Pidge taking a few pictures.

written by: @_crank_game_plays_