NativeMedia - Advantage of affiliate marketing

Though Affiliate marketing is flourishing greatly today, it is important to know has many pros and cons - advocators and detractors. The industry is booming vastly but there are many advertisers and merchants that hold negative opinions about the channel. They see low return or fraud on investment. All this is because- "Of the common mistake of assumptions made by the negative merchant and their attitudes towards affiliate marketing is their unrealistic expectations"

NativeMedia, known for its excellent Coupons API services understand the reason behind why negative advertisers and merchants don't trust several Coupon Feed Providers. And so, it makes sure you get the best out of the best with its expert team of professionals who are well-trained in their fields.

Now, coming back to the common mistakes often made by merchants and advertisers, given below is the list that you should definitely look into-

Mistake 1- Not sure of the landing pages work-

Before you post anything, cross check your offers twice or thrice that it includes an appropriate link or not. Sometimes, landing pages end up to some other sites or wrong pages; and this indeed results in misguiding or misleading of your customers to the wrong website that might happen to be your competitor's site. Say, for example, you've have posted an offer for women's top but the link leads your customer to the kid's wear section of some other site, your customer will get confused and end up not buying the products thinking that the offer is not reliable and valid. Hence, skipping or not re-checking the link before posting the offer is the biggest mistake a merchant or a coupon website can ever do.

Mistake 2- Not including the correct dates-

Yet another common mistake often made is not including the correct dates in your offer. This means you must always include dates with the offer which is current and valid. If you post any invalid deal and when detected by the expert team, then that offer or deal is kept on hold until the correct dates are provided. Hence, not re-checking the dates and ensuring that it is correct and valid, will not help let your customer reach and enjoy amazing offers using coupon codes.

Mistake 3- Not including restrictions/exclusions-

If there is any restriction or exclusion in your deal then make sure you mention that in your offer. Say for example your deal is about a particular brand's or particular category products, then it is important to mention the brand and category name in order to avoid confusion or mislead for your customers. Listing restrictions and exclusions will help you reach out to the publishers faster and it will also help your customer to use codes as well.

Hence, this is the third silliest mistake, often made by the merchants and advertisers are that they skip or forget to include exclusions or restrictions of the coupon code. It is important to add restrictions so that the coupon is availed within a set particular time period. NativeMedia understands the importance of offer validity and expiry, and that with its Coupon API service ensure that every coupon added to the pages include the restriction.

Mistake 4- Not providing good contact-

Also, note mentioning appropriate contact for your customers is yet another mistake often made by the merchants and advertisers. It is important and highly beneficial to mention your network contact so that your customers can reach you easily and faster. Another major mistake made by the advertisers and merchant is that, they often focus on coupon the offer it provides more and skip to check other details like contact details, etc., NativeMedia, while adding offers to your website ensure that each and every coupon holds a good contact detail so that the customers or shoppers time is not wasted.

Mistake 5- Does Not Pre-testing the coupon codes-

Lastly, before posting any offer it is important to reach and test the coupon code, which usually most of the merchants and advertisers avoid doing. While updating a coupon code most of the merchants and advertisers do not pre-test the coupon and ensure that everything is correct and precise. Pre-testing not only includes re-checking each and every detail, from date of expiry to content to discount offered, it also includes testing and ensuring whether the coupon is viable enough to encourage customers to redeem it.

So, these are five major mistakes often made by the advertisers and merchants that can lead their customers to some other websites.

Coupon feeds and API (https://www.nativemedia.com/nativefeeds)