Chapter I

It all began when me and Skyler decided to go on vacation. It took months and months to accumulate our money at the little restaurant we were working at. Skyler was the dreaming type, she would always fall into her daydreams and forget that the world still exists. Customers were often complaining about her lack of awareness. She had long brown curly hair and was very pretty. She received lots of compliments on her hazel big eyes. I always felt like she was the sister life took away from me. When i was five, my parents had an accident and my mom's pregnant belly got hit too hard. It took me a few months to realize I would not have a little sister, that she would just never appear again and that life was unfair like that, I just had to deal with it.

Skyler and I put a little jar in my bedroom where we drop off our money for the trip. We wanted to go big and travel accross the United States in my car. The road trip of our life. We wanted to go with our boyfriends but they just weren't existing in our lives, yet. So we just accepted the fact that we would have fun meeting guys and would forget our inexistant love life.

The trip was on july 4th on purpose. We wanted to finish our shift at the restaurant and get a lot of tip because of the great amount of people and go celebrate the night in another city.

When the day came, I thought my heart would just stop. My long blonde hair were really messy for the trip, but there was no time to shower, we wanted to leave as soon as possible. I was so excited that I almost broke my ankle by jumping in the car. I chose to drive first. Our initial stop was at a convenience store where we bought chips and beverages.

We got back to the car and put our favorite song on. We were the luckiest girls ever.