Broken Serpents

I turned to look at the dark figure chasing after me through the abandoned candy factory that the town had at one point, confirming my intuition.

He was behind me still.

I continued to run. in hopes that I had lost him in the abandoned buildings,

I took a left turn in between two buildings. LImping in between brown crates stacked up in a tower

'' You can't hide from me Ares,'' he yelled. From what I can hear he was pretty close, around the corner exactly.

I was breathing so hard I was practically sure he could hear it.

'' you killed him, Vance. You killed father !'' I yelled back, moving to a different spot making sure I checked every corner for a gun that I knew my dad had left around here

"he was never a father to me !'' he yelled back

shit. He sounds closer.

I ran between two mixers and stuck my hands inside one of them and started feeling around until my hands landed on a cold block .'gotcha'

I took the gun out and stuck my hand back inside the mixers to look for the magazine 'found you'

I loaded the gun and listened for his footsteps

"come on Vince. that wasn't true he loved you like a son, we trusted you and you betrayed him'' I yelled back, trying not to let any emotion into my voice.

my back hit the back of a crate and I just stood there, waiting.

'' He wanted to unionize. I couldn't let that happen. you know hoe much money wed lose?!''

i almost threw up

'' you killed him for money ?! you killed him because he wanted to stop killing innocent people?!''

I looked at my surroundings I need to get to the car before he finds me

'' That and he wouldn't give me your hand.''

now I'm really gonna throw up

'' I never loved you Vance . not the way you wanted me too. and I never will.''

I found an open garage door near the shipping area. that's it. That's my way out.

'' But you could've. you could've learned to love me in time.'' he wasn't yelling now. he was talking .meaning he was close.

I had to think of something. He was minutes away from finding me.

I peeked my head from the crate and searched around for him. when the coast was clear I pointed my gun at the beam located on the other side of the room.

hoping that would give me some time to make a run for it, I waited and listened as his footsteps faded to the other side.

Once i knew he was a good distance i sprinted towards the open garage doors .

my foot was 2 seconds from the door when I saw a Harley smash through the garage doors busting it down.

I hit the breaks on my running and hid behind a crate to take cover from the debris of the door.

the horn honked two times before I had the courage to look out and asses the situation.

behind the wheel was my ex- best friend.

'' hurry up let's go!'' she yelled

It took me a minute to recompose myself before getting on the back of her Harley.

While this was happening, Vance had figured out that I wasn't on the other side of the room and I would see him sprinting across the factory. trying to knock out as many crates out of his way to get to us.

realizing he could get to us in time he did the next best thing he knew how to do. he began to shot at us.

I was holding onto my ex-best friend with one hand around her waist and with the other I aimed my gun at him. Knowing the training that my dad gave me, I knew I wasn't going to miss.

I shot my gun 3 times, two as a warning and one to his side.

Seeing as he stopped following us I figured I didn't miss

Just as we were riding off out of the gates of the factory the rest of the gang followed right after us to the main road

holding my gun up I started shooting at them, and one by one they dropped like flies.

feeling no remorse I lowered my gun while still looking back.

we road off until we hit the 'welcome' and 'see you soon' sign at the end of our town.