The Cupid's Success

He loves her.

She loves him.

And the cupid doesn't know why a matchmaker is needed here.

Perhaps it is because she is very busy hiding her feelings to realize that those feelings are being reciprocated. Maybe he is so busy stealing glances at her to notice that she is doing the same. Whatever the reason is, the cupid will make sure that they end up together.

With that thought in mind, he raised his arrow and aimed. He will never let it miss his target. He knows by experience that nothing good will happen if he ever hit the wrong thing, or person for that matter. He counted from one to three.

One... Two...Thr-

Before he can even finish counting, the school bell rang, signaling the students that their first subject will start anytime. Unfortunately, that means the matchmaker has to take a break.

Time passed by and the day is finally over. The cupid sadly went home, disappointed that he wasn't able to make any progress regarding the two "lovers". He promised to whomever that was present, or to whomever that can read his mind, that his attempts would never stop. Getting two people together is his duty, and by completing his first mission, he will prove his worth to himself and his superiors. He's been working on this for months already, and he won't appreciate waiting any longer.

He went to the same school earlier than before. There, he saw the girl sketching the boy. The cupid was amazed by how detailed the girl's artwork was. Later, he saw the boy going inside the school and the cupid went back to work. He didn't even count as he released the arrow and it successfully hit the girl! Without wasting any time, he did the same with the boy and when the arrow also hit the right target, the cupid smiled, for he finally finished the mission.

As he was laying on his bed. He heard a very familiar sound, his phone was ringing, and the caller's id is familiar, but the scenario was very uncommon.

He answered the call and the high-pitched voice of his friend could be heard.

"John! Kami na ni Leo! Salamat talaga ha. Kung hindi dahil sa'yo baka hindi niya ako nakilala. Salamat talaga bespen! Hihihi"

The cupid smiled bitterly.

"Basta ikaw bespren! O sige na. Baka mag selos yang boypren mo jan."

The girl ended the call. The cupid cried while laughing at the same time. He cried because of the pain of hearing the girl you like talk about someone that she loves more. He laughed thinking that if only he didn't mess up the first time he tried to get the two together, how he managed to hit himself with the arrow he aimed for the boy a few months ago remains a mystery, he will go to his superiors and brag about the success of his mission.