Plane Ride

Skylar Pov

"Shit" I cursed quietly to myself, rushing down the stairs.

I began frantically searching for it, lifting up the magazines of the coffee table.

Where is it? I retorted to the cabinets under the TV. I took out all the bills and receipts in hope I'd find it. It wasn't there either.

I sat on my heels, brushing my bangs out of my face. I blew out all of the oxygen my lungs were containing, as a 'calming down' mechanism. I felt my cheeks heat up with frustration, and I myself began to feel frustrated.

I slowly got to my feet, and juggled my mind to where I last saw it. I suddenly felt the sickly feeling in my stomach.

Fuck my life. I threw myself onto the sofa and cried. I couldn't stand it any longer. Why was I even alive?

It's my birthday, It's my birthday. Imma spend my money my ringtone played signaling someone was calling me.

Red mist boiled over me and I growled.

"I'd spend my money, if I had fucking money!" I roared kicking the sofa, immediately regretting it.

I fell to the floor, holding my stubbed toe tightly in an attempt to relieve the pain. I'm hopeless. How ironic.

I traced my hand along the coffee table, still laying on the floor, before successfully picking my phone up.

"Sky speaking?" I said, through gritted teeth.

"Do you have it?" a familiar voice spoke.

"I-uh... no" I said quietly, cringing at what my response could possibly result in.

"Your driving my patience Sky. I don't give infinite chances. But only because it's you, you either get it by tomorrow, or... well" he laughed, hanging up.

I sighed, welcome to my life.

I sat on my sofa, and huddled my knees to my chest, and buried my head in them. I'm going to die. I'm 20 and I've already got a death countdown.

Would anyone care?

I sighed, I'm going to die. I'm going to die young.

I got up, and grabbed a pen and paper. I clicked my pen multiple times, for thought... before I began jotting down lyrics.

If I die young.

Bury me in satin.

Lay me down on a bed of roses.

Sail me in the river.

At dawn.

Send me away with the words of a love song.

I layed down on my sofa, and stared at the ceiling.

Why am I waiting to die?

I began dialing an old friends number.

"Hello?" they answered.

"Hey, it's me Sky. I was wondering if you could get me a one way ticket to America?"

"Sure thing, any date in mind?"

"Tonight." Time to live my dream.

___________________________________________________________

I desperately twiddled my fingers, staring out of the plane window, into the darkness.

"Could all passengers take there seats and adjust seatbelts. We will be taking off shortly" the pilote announced as I sighed, relieved.