Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It was a usual morning at school, well, as "usual" as it could be.
Midoriya sat in his seat, updating his journal about the latest pros. It was always changing, switching, and there were so many nowadays. Often they would pop up out of nowhere, no warning.
At the end of his notebook, the young green bean had scribbled a page all about Shoto Todoroki. Though he wasn't a pro yet, Todoroki already seemed like an amazing hero; powerful, kind, and... really cute. Perhaps that was just that silent, mysterious aura, but everyone else in 1A knew it too, since he was often called a "rich, hot boy."
Just thinking about Todoroki made Midoriya's face flush with a crimson red. He had never felt this way about anyone before, much less someone of his own gender. But something about these feelings... felt special.

"Hey- hey Deku? You okay?" Uraraka said, lightly putting a hand on his shoulder. Midoriya suddenly snapped back to reality and closed his journal, then looking up to face one of his best friends, Ochaco Uraraka.
"Huh? Oh- yes I'm completely fine Uraraka- thank you for worrying," Izuku replied. These thoughts of Todoroki kept distracting him, like he was drifting of into space. Besides, these feelings would never work out anyway; someone like that would never fall for someone like himself.
Besides, he had faced disappointment before. It wasn't the first time.

"Hey Deku... You've been distracted a lot lately. You have something on your mind?" Uraraka asked, squatting down and resting her chin on his desk.
"Well yeah- no! Yes.. just something. It's nothing though," he responded, fiddling about.
"You can tell me! We're best friends and best friends always share secrets, even if it's, as you claim, 'nothing'."
She had a point. He sighed and took a deep breath.
"Well its just that- I think I have kind of... feelings for someone but I don't know how to express them- and I don't even think they like me back," he murmured, so that no one else would overhear their conversation.

"Well..." Uraraka took a moment to think and then perked up again.
"Just be confident! Tell them how you feel and if they reject you, then there's always other people. Plus, there's no reason you can't be friends with this person either."
Izuku took a few minutes to process this advice and then smiled at her.
"Thank you, Uraraka. I know what I'll do now."
"I'm glad to be of help." And with that, the class had started and she made her way back to her seat.

Now Izuku knew what he'd do. Uraraka's words had sparked a new confidence inside him, and he promised that he'd confess to Todoroki when the time was right.
For now, he would spend the next few days trying to get closer to him.

[Author's Note]

Thank you for reading! This is my first ever proper shipping fanfiction (if that makes sense lol). TodoDeku is among some of my favourite gay ships, so I'm really happy to write this. Hope to see you in the next chapter! ^^.