Prologue

Archer Daniels was brought up in a single-parent home he was raised by his mother after his father passed away from cancer when he was nine. He's the youngest of five all boys. On his father's last day of being in this world Archer and his brothers went in one by one saying their goodbyes. When it was Archer's turn he went in with his head held high know his father wouldn't want him to be in pain. His father made Archer promise to take care of his mother and to be strong for his family. His father told him one day there would be a woman that walked into his life that would be just as important as his mother. A keeper his father called her. He told Archer he'd know we he met her, the keeper. He told Archer to never let her go to hold on tight, you only get one son. I love you Archer. Archer began to cry as his father took his last breathe and closed his eyes. I love you Dad.

Scarlet Simmons was brought up in a single parent home. She was raised by her single mother. When Scarlett was 2 her mother kick her father out he was an abusive heartless man. Her mother was the strongest woman she has ever known working 3 jobs raising 2 kids all on her own. Scarlet envies her mother. Scarlet has never dated and never been kissed. All the romance in her life comes from the books she has read. Scarlet has lost all faith in the man population. She never could understand how a father could choose drugs and other woman over his family. Scarlet is headed to college at LSU university and is headed for a hell of a semester. She just doesn't know it yet.