Counting Stars

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight..." I sighted, loud enough for me to hear so I would know it wasn't numb. "Nine" we both say in chorus.

"This is your day of counting those nine stars right?" He asked. "Nope, its my second to the last, tomorrow after dinner would you count with me again?" I asked him. "I would love to do everything together with you, always" He said.

A week ago a friend told me that counting nine stars on nine consecutive days would make a wish come true. I didn't really bother about it but these past few days, I was amused with the overview of Rigid's hopital room, there are stars, a lot of stars.

Rigid was confined a month ago because of his Osteosarcoma, And every night I am here to take a look at him. I can feel his pain, and that pain hurts a lot. Seeing the one you love suffering with a great pain is such a dagger in heart.

"Being with you every single day that I am still alive is enough, I love you" he said. "Fight! Forever right?" i tried to sound brave. "Yeah, Im so sorry. If I die please move on, I'll be your angel and I'll watch over you, every day and every night" He said and a tear fell from my eye. "husshhh, don't say that sweetheart, We'll fight together, and we're gonna make our own infinity" I said.

We spend whole day cuddling in his hospital bed, I know and he knows that he might not live any longer, but we kept on strengthening our faith. We both believe in forever and happily ever afters, but maybe the odds are not in our favor, maybe God has plans for the both us. The moment of silence cracked when I heard his deep sight. "Aw, my leg its numb!" I panicked. "Shit!" I pressed the emergency button and called for a nurse. "Sweetheart, sorry. I love you, tonight I'm going to count the stars with you. Remember that you are my star, my wish come true." "No rigid, we're gonna fulfill our dreams together right? we're gonna live by our infinity right?" I said while trying to stop the tears falling from my eye. Then the nurse came, together with Rigid's doctor and a radio technologist.

He was brought in the operating room. Outside while waiting with his mom I decide to go to the chapel.

My knees are shaking while going in. "God, there are many times I've neglected you, but its still you to I ask to get thru life, this time God please spare Rigids life, you know that I love him so much right? He's my life, my world. God please please please" I can't stop the tears from falling. I sat in the chapels chair for 2 hours or so, an its already 7 pm.

"I wish to be with Rigid right now, counting those nine stars, and fulfilling our infinity." then I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Rigid!" it was my love. "I thought I almost lost you." I hugged him so tight. "C'mon lets count the stars." he hold my hand and as we went to the rooftop. The night was so cold. So lonely, but I have Rigid. He hugged me. "One, two, three" He hugged me much tighter. "Four, five, six" We counted in chorus. I cant stop crying. "Seven, eight, nine." crying in his arms, hugging him. "Make a wish sweetheart"

Please stay. Please stay. Please stay.

I said silently 

"Whats your wish?"

"I won't tell you, cause if I would, it won't come true."

"Sweetheart, I am your star, every day, every night. You might not see me, but I'm just here maybe hidden, but Im just here watching over you, loving your from a far. I love you so much and I am willing to be your angel, forever and always."

We hugged each other like there's no tomorow. "I love you my star, till forever"

"wait, I'm going down and to check up my parent so they would not hyperventilate if they found out that I'm no longer on my hospital bed." He smirked and he kissed my forehead, His gentle lips, that warming hug, and that cute smirk. I love that.

"I love you!" I said. "Bye, forever ok?"

a minute after, I decided to follow him.

her mother approached me.

"Darling, Rigid is gone. about an hour ago."

He is my fantasy, my infinity. In that battle Rigid been so brave for so long, and now we are all wounded.