Chapter 1

(Mel's P.O.V.)

It was one of those other nights where I had to watch over my little 4 year old sister, Jennifer. I felt pretty safe alone, even though I lived in this totally abandoned area, like the whole neighborhood itself committed suicide. I only felt secure because my parents were often drunk, which made them abusive...not so much towards my sister but mostly to me- which is good for Jenny. It is about 10:30 p.m. which indicates my parents intoxicated arrival back home soon. For my parents, nothing was perfect, even if you contributed your most profound amount of effort you could possibly ever imagine.

To; Bree, Amber

Ugh... parents coming home soon...wish me luck :( they're probably drunk again. I hope you have your stuff ready just in case it gets outta hand. I'll let you know what happens.DON'T FORGET THE MONEY. Love you lots xoxo

As soon as I delivered the text message I see my parents KIA drive into our driveway. Well I dont know if its an actual driveway because its mostly conjoined dirt and gravel from the construction sites surrounding. Typical.

So I have two indefinitely close friends who are identical twin sisters who's names are Amber and Brelee. And they, as well, - disappointingly and coincidentally- seemingly have parents just like mine. We've constructed a hands-down yet effortless run-away plan. We just had to be discretely clever . (And judging by our plan not so easy) We compromised that if our parents 'get out of hand' We need to leave. So Breeze, Amber, and I packed emergency bags for us, Jennifer, and Hailey. Hailey is Ambers daughter by the way.

"MEL, WHY IS THIS FUCKING APARTMENT SUCH A MESS!? I TOLD YOU TO CLEAN IT," My mom startled my thoughts away with a scream of alcohol into my face but slaps me before I could even recognize it. The contact felt like a tingling fire on your cheek...even though I was use to it "YOU'RE SUCH AN IMMATURE BITCH!"

"I'm sorry mom, I came home from school and I picked Jennifer up from day care. As soon as I came home I started cleaning... BECAUSE YOU CAN'T GET YOUR FUCKING LIFE STRAIGHT! I'M SO SICK OF THIS! IT'S LIKE IM THE MOM!! MOM, IM A TEEN, IM SUPPOSED TO LIVE LIFE! BUT I'M NOT ABLE TO DO THAT!" I came back knowing It'll cost me enormously but it doesn't even matter anymore.

My dad chimed in, striking me in the stomach "Our lives are straight! Yours isn't cause youre too immature. All you care about is yourself and no one else!" He inconsiderately hollered at my self meaning.

Those words stung agonizingly. I only cared about my family and friends. Never about me. I loved my sister the most though. She was my everything and my parents knowledges that. I scanned the room searching for my mom. All I heard was my sister yelping in helpless anxiety and my mom unaffectionately laughing at her agony ... She was hurting her.

"MOM, NO! WHAT'RE YOU DOING?!" I screamed as I released my suppressed sobs.

I swiftly snatched my bags, running towards my sisters room to get her and the money I stole from my parents. (Don't judge, it was part of the plan if we wanted to stay distanced and secure, and we are pretty much defined as 'rebels' because our parents never even really parented us... We don't really know what manners are)

I cradled my whaling sister from the bloody floor and raced outside to my car. My pulse faster than my comprehension, I set my sister in the back seat and buckled her up; speaking softly to her in my attempt to calm her down. "Its okay hun, everything is gonna be alright, okay? I promise. We're gonna have a sleepover with Brelee and Amber for a couple of nights alright? I love you." I told her.

I quickly grasped my phone from my back pocket and unlocked it.

2 new messages

Brelee; Alrighty tell us what happens luv u.