Maybe... Just maybe!

I'm Julie. But everyone calls me Julia. I live in London and I go to Everwood High School. There's nothing special about me, I'm not very popular, I've never had a boyfriend, I live with my mum. This is the story of how I changed from an ordinary girl to a crushed teenager.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was monday, the first day back from summer, and I didn't even want to think about school.

"Julie! Hurry up, I'm leaving!" My mom bellowed up the stairs.

"I'm coming," I replied, grabbing a piece of toast from the kitchen and running out the door, grabbing my mum as I went.

"Honestly," my mum sighed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dragged myself up the five flights of stairs, stepping on gum and crisp packets as I went. I walking into the home room, only to find the usual, Alice snogging Kyle, and lots of immature boys hitting on uninterested girls.

"Jules!" Melanie shouted, running over to me with a can of coke. She's my best friend, who has a magor coke addiction.

"Hey," I replied.

"How was your summer?"

"Fine, thanks, I went to Spain, what about you?"

"Usual, skiing for two weeks, then the Mall the rest of the time"

"Cool,"

"I know. I met a guy called Dillan, who's amazing at skiing"

"Should've known"

"Thanks! No seriously, he lives in London; we're meeting up at Christmas."

"WOW, so you really do like him?"

"Yep, he's tall, has brown hair, and a massive smile. Oh yeah, and he's hilarious."

"Perfect match!"

"Sit down everyone!" Miss. Aubrey shouted across the room, setting pieces of paper flying from a pile of folders she was carrying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, I still didn't tell you the best bit Jules!" Melissa exclaimed at lunch.

"Really?" I sighed.

"No, his Dad is an astronaut and gets millions of pounds a year, and he's also seen aliens!"

"What? An astronaut? Aliens?"

"Yep, he's been to space like ten times!"

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you she's a bit dumb sometimes.

"Are you sure he's not... maybe... joking, Mel?"

"Nope, he's serious."

"Right, OK."

I started ignoring her and watched the dinner lady put some sort of meat and bean mouse slime on my plate. I looked up at her.

"Seriously?" I asked the dinner lady.

"Sorry love, It's ma job to serve not to cook," She sighed.

"Riiiight..."

"JULES?!" Mel shouted waving a hand in my face.

"What?"

"So, what do you think?"

"I... um... yeah"

"You weren't listening were you?" She sighed, starting her fifth can of coke.

"Sorry, no." 

"I'm gonna get him a massive present and-"

"Mel, do you think we could talk about something other than Dillan?"

"Sorry, so you're still single?"

"Yes."

"Then that's it, I'm taking you out this Friday! We're gonna find you someone perfect!"

"Um, I can't... I have plans-"

"So, yeah I was telling you about Dillan..."