prologue

Shelby's POV

"Do you really think were going to win?" I question my friend, Emma. I'm not much of the person to have so much faith. It's just the way I am I guess. 

"You never know Shelby! We could who knows. Everyone has a fair chance to win." She explains. "But were just fangirls that own 1k fanpages on Instagram." I laugh. Seriously though we are.

"And that's exactly why we should win!" She exclaims. I shrug. I guess she has a point. They were currently play 'Fancy' by Iggy Azealea on the radio. It's a good song they just play it way too much.

"Alright we are now going to announce the winners of the One Direction tickets contest!" The radio person says. Oh my god, here it goes. "Annnd the winnersss areee..." He drags out his words. "Shelby King!" He says. Oh well she's-. Wait, that's me! "OH MY GOD SHELBY WE WON. HOLY SHIT." Emma shouts. I scream with her in excitement.

"Alright, Shelby King you have 10 minutes to call us or we have to give them to someone else! If you call in the next 5 minutes we'll through in backstage passes which include a meet and greet!" The radio person speaks again. I hurriedly get my phone out of my pocket and press the contact 'radio station'. Yes I saved there phone number. 

"Yes? Hello?" A voice I don't recognize says through the phone. 

"Hi, This is Shelby King. The winner of the contest."

"Oh Hello! Wow, you called fast. I guess we'll have to give you the backstage passes as well." The person laughs

"Are you serious?" I say excitedly.

"Very." He person responds. And in that moment I can't control my excitement as I scream into the phone.

"We'll mail them to you as soon as possible." The person says again.

"O-okay. Thank you so much."

"No problem. Have fun!" 

"I CAN'T BELIEVE WE WON AND WERE GOING TO MEET THEM!" I scream. Emma is usually the loud one but I can't help myself

"I KNOW!" She screams back

-

okay so the title may be deceiving but it will make sense soon enough i promise

Selena Gomez is Shelby. okay? okay. deal with it.

i was listening to happy little pill will writing this bYE