An Average Opening

"Magic is a sofisticated craft, you can't just say-"

"Pizza-us apparatus." Alexander called out into the air. He'd clutched his necklace as he spoke, eyes closed tight. The deep green crystal hanging from around his neck glowed, emitting a turquoise light from between his fingers. Upon opening his eyes again, a smirk grew on his face.

"You were saying?"

Before the two of them, a fresh pizza steamed from on the table. He could see the man across from him frowning, but didn't care. Alexander picked a piece up and bit into it. "Mmh, perfect." Alexander opened an eye to look at Thomas to just rub it in.

  The two were coworkers on break. They worked at Washington's potionery. Washington was one of the greatest wizards in America. Possibly, the greatest. Alexander looked up to him like he was the greatest in the world and was honoured to work under him. Though, it unfortunately had led to him meeting Thomas Jefferson. A well known wizard who had been working in this business for a while, and had just returned from a visit to France. The two didn't get along too well. They often clashed.

Alexander, being a Magic from birth, was quite free with the craft, using it on a daily basis, and studied every type. Thomas was strict with magic, thought it to be a fine art, and was an earth wizard. He used the elements strictly, while Alexander used, well, everything rather flexibly. He was born into witchcraft after all.

  Pixie, his familiar, jumped on board. She snuck a bite of the slice in Alexander's hand while he wasn't looking and hopped off his shoulder. This caused him to turn and spot her. "Hey- Pix, you're lucky I can make more." he chuckled, wagging a finger at her. Rolling his eyes, he joked, "I need a new familiar..." She meowed as if to say that she'd heard that. Opposite them, Thomas held his arm out for his owl familiar to perch on. He was named Othello, after Thomas' favourite Shakespearean play.

"I wish you could get a new one too." He said, making Alexander furrow his brows.

"Hey, shut up or I'll turn you into a frog- again."

That made him snort in laughter. Though Washington had scolded him for the action, it was quite funny. Thomas didn't seem to think so, as shown by his huff from across the table.

"Don't you dare."