Before

Damian's side of everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was surrounded by blackness for the longest time, begging to not have to move on. Pleading. But the only option for me were the flaming pits of hell. I couldn't go back and live, no. My life was taken from me. 

My last memory from living was standing up to Justin. I learned he was using me... my magic... for bad things. But he had seduced me... clouded my senses so I couldn't tell wrong from right or vice-versus. I only saw him, the unreal love of my life. 

I had walked up to him, he was facing away from me, looking at soemthing on a table. I tapped his shoulder. 

"Justin." He turned to me, I couldn't see what he was looking at. 

"Yeah?"

"I wanted to ask you something," I had never stood up to anyone, I could feel a bit of nervousness start to well up.

"Go on...," suspiciousness rose in Justin's voice. A felt a chill run down my spine. 

"Why are we doing this?" I blurted out, then quickly covered my mouth. That wasn't at all what I wanted to say. Justin looked a little angered. 

"What do you mean?" one of his hands clenched into a fist, I felt as if he was looming over me like a tall dark tower. I hesitated. 

"You keep asking me to do these things and I don't-" my sentence was quickly cut off as Justin swung something sharp at me. I felt it pierce the side of my neck. Immediatelty I fell the floor, whatever was lodged in my neck went down with me. 

It was extremely cold, sharp, and... it was a cleaver. I knew Justin always had an infatuation with knives but I never expected to be hit with one. I could feel blood seeping down my neck and onto the ground quickly, my vision quickly going black. I already couldn't feel my legs at all. 

"I was beginning to wonder if you'd ever notice," I could hear Justin, his voice becoming muffled as I lost consiousness. I struggled to say something but nothing in the form of words came out of my mouth. I couldn't even voice a sound. 

When I finally blacked out, the last words I heard him say were, "Burn in hell."

...

Everything finally came back to me after a while; I regained my vision and could stand. My neck seered with pain, I could still feel blood dripping down my neck. Everything felt sort of limp and had a strange tingling feeling, but I didn't notice it right away. The only thing I could sense right now was my hunger. I felt starved, although I seemed perfectly fine. I forced my limbs to push my body off the ground. I actually wasn't as limp as I felt. 

I stood up and looked around. I was officially in Hell... I died. It was no wonder how I felt because that's how I felt when I died, and it's how I would feel for the rest of eternity.

I looked for something to cure my hunger. It only grew stronger by the minute until I finally fed myself. I ran around forever and a day until I came across of groups of demons...

I didn't know what happened. It was all so fast. I felt rows of sharp teeth form in my mouth and I lost control. I attacked them... killed a few of them... there was blood everywhere. On my hands, my shirt, my mouth, the ground. I was being cannibalistic... I was devouring the skin and tissue and meat... even a few bones... of the  ones I killed. I couldn't stop myself from it though, the smell of their blood was just so drawing. 

As I loomed over the last corpse, something felt off. I looked up from the body and glanced around, not seeing anything. I went back to my meal. But I continued feeling it until suddenly tapped my shoulder. 

I snapped around, clawing whatever had tapped me with demon claws that had formed where my hands had been. A male jumped back, he had black hair and sort of pale skin. He gripped his arm where I clawed it. Just as I saw him I snapped from my hunger rush, my demon claws turning back to hands. I realized how much blood I was soaked in and started backing away from the area. The other guy stepped towards me. 

"Who are you?" he asked. 

"I should ask you the same thing," I backed up a little but stood firmly. I wasn't going to act like a scaredy cat now. 

His name was Ant... I ended up following him around since he knew the place better than I, and eventually I started to hang around his place without his permission. He eventually forgot about it and let me stay. We were now practically best friends.