Dream time

Jewels point of view

I walked into the kitchen to see a masked guy holding knife against my mothers neck I screamed for help but it was too late he ran the knife across her neck then quickly jumped out the broken window behind him at the same time as my mother fell to the floor I ran over to her body and knelt beside her tears pouring down my face there was a big pool of blood around her head without a second to think I jumped up ran as fast as I could to the home phone rang the ambulance and police after two rings someone picked up at the out end of the line hello says a kind and helpful voice how can I help you, quick help a guy slit my mothers neck and now she's on the floor bleeding I practically scream into the phone, it's okay calm down sweetie now you need to tell me where you live says a gentle voice on the other end of the line I live at 23 Watson street quick hurry please then I hung up the phone and ran to my mothers body again. I had tears pouring down my face I didn't know what to do I wanted to do something to help but I didn't know what.

I suddenly woke up screaming in a pool of tears and sweat then door then flew open faster then I could think my auntie and uncle rushed in with a concerned look my auntie rushed over to my side and said in a calming voice don't worry it's okay it was only a dream calm down it was only a dream, I had stopped screaming by now and was rocking back and forth on my uncomfortable bed tears going everywhere my auntie was gently running her hand up and down my back telling me it's okay. Once I had stopped crying they stood up and then my uncle said try and go back to sleep it's your first day at a new school tomorrow you don't want to be to tired once they were out and had shut the door I layer back and stared at the roof it had been three months since my mother was murded and I now have moved in with my auntie and uncle down in Rushmore I'm having to start a new school in a town where I don't know a single soul I really do not want to go back to sleep as I'm scared the dream will come back but I'm so tired I fall asleep anyways.