Prologue

Prologue

"Mummy. Mummy what's going on?" My seven year old self cried out.

"Don't worry, honey. Everything's going to be alright. Now, I need you to be a good girl for me and go and hid under mine and daddy's bed for me. Ok? And don't come out until we say so and you need to be very quite," I nodded my head as tears poured down my cheeks, like a rainstorm on a rainy day.

Mum kissed my forehead and whispered, "daddy and I love you. Remember that, ok?" I nodded my head and crawled under mum and dad's bed, silent tears rolling out of my eyes.

I saw my mothers feet run out of the room when I heard the banging of a door getting knocked down. It must have been the front door, because loud noises started erupted from there.

People started shouting and I saw mums white ballet flats enter the room again following someone that was wearing big black army boots. I knew it wasn't my father, because he doesn't have those shoes and I've never seen them before. If he did, he would've worn them before. My mother started yelling words at him I couldn't understand, because I had my hands covering my ears so all the loud noises would stop hurting my ears. Then, I heard guns go off and as they went off, a pain deep inside my chest started to rise. I had to cover my mouth to stop the scream that was threatening to come out.

Complete silence as the thumping froze and my mother fell to the ground. Her empty green eyes starred at me as more tears came out of my eyes.

Slowly, I crawled out from under the bed. My eyes wondered from my mothers dead body with multiple gunshots. I kneeled down beside her and hugged her head in my lap as I silently cried, no a sound came out off my mouth with my hands tangled in her red hair. My eyes then shifted to the big man in black army gear that had guns and knifes strapped to him. On his chest, the material of his army gear and his skin was burnt. The same place I had felt the pain on my chest. Slowly, I walked out of the room as quietly as possible just in case there were more of those men quietly waiting for me to come, so they could attack me. As I walked, not a-

********

Her mother