Setting the Trap

She paced back and forth in her living room, rubbing her lips with her fingers, thinking about Sinan's words.

Yağız, freezer bey, had a lover and they didn't know about it.

The man that once said that love was a dream, now talked about it on his mother's grave. The woman, whom they had never seen, was important enough for him to talk about her to his dead mother.

And he was probably with her right now, talking about their love.

Or maybe not talking.

She thought about what Sinan had said as she felt anger rising up inside her again.

The hot hours.

The sound of her phone ringing snapped her out of her thoughts, and she hurried to her room to pick it up, thinking that it could be a sign or an answer to all the questions that were roaming inside her head.

But it was just Nil, and there was no way that the despicable woman could be of any help.

"What do you want?" She answered drily, not even trying to be polite.

"Hazan, please don hung up on me" Nil's voice was strange, as if she was desperate "It's about Yağız..."

Her heart stopped at the mention of his name. What would Nil had to do with him?

"What about Yağız, what happened?" She immediately replied, unaware of how much distress was in her voice.

But Nil noticed.

"One of my friends called" She paused for a moment, and Hazan felt as if it were years "He told me he saw Yağız in a bar, and he was really drunk..."

"Drunk? Yağız? Are you sure?"

"I thought it was weird too"

Hazan thought for a moment, trying to put her feelings aside.

"You are lying to me..."

There was no way on earth Yağız would do something as immature as getting drunk. That was her boyfriend's job, unless...

Sinan was right and the love Yağız was feeling was actually a sad story.

"Don't hung up! I don't care if you believe me" Nil said contemptuously, but there was still a trace of anxiety in her tone "I tried to call Sinan but he didn't answer, as expected"

"Where's he?" She demanded.

Hazan wasn't asking about Sinan, she was used to him disappearing. But Yağız, if Nil was telling the truth he was probably in danger.

And something deep inside of him couldn't stand the thought.

"I wanted to call Hazım bey or Selin, but they're going through a lot lately and I thought..."

"Nil, where is Yağız?" She insisted, now feeling as if she was choking.

Nil paused again, and Hazan felt she did that on purpose, though she didn't know why.

"I'll send you the address, please talk to Sinan and help him"

And without another word Nil hang up, a triumphant smile appearing across her face as she typed the address and sent it to Hazan. She paced back and forth the terrace as she tapped her mouth with her cellphone, thinking about Hazan's reaction to her words.

She hadn't imagined it then, when she saw them the other day at Yağız's door. She hadn't imagined all those accomplice looks.

This, that bar, was her chance to find out how deep their treason was, and if her suspicious were confirmed, then Hazan was no longer a threat to her.

But she was Nil after all, and wasn't about to leave anything to chance. Tonight she would make sure that Yağız and Hazan would take whatever steps were necessary, even if that meant the end of the Egemen family.

Determination all over her face, she turned around and took a deep breath, walking towards the living room and trying to mask her happiness in front of her guest.

"What were you doing?" Sinan asked, looking at her quizzically as she took a seat next to him.

Nil smiled at him, thinking on how she had lied to the man's girlfriend a few minutes ago.

If Hazan only knew that her boyfriend was in her living room, unaware of everything she was about to do.

"An important call, Sinan" She answered, mysteriously as she took a sip of her drink and leaned towards him, as if she was telling him a secret "A life changing call"