50 Ways To Commit a Murder

Have you ever wondered how many ways there are to commit a murder and get away with it?

Sarah Parker sat on the edge of her bed writing in her diary when she heard that the news was on in the other room. She gets up and leaves her room to go into her parents room and listen to what the news reporter has to say.

"33 year old lady from Essex was found dead in her bedroom this morning at 7:30 by her neighbour. Reports show that she was murdered but the investigation is still on going. If anyone heard or saw anything at that time in the neighbourhood please contact the police.

Sarah slowly got up, left the room and went into her bedroom to look on BBC news. She wanted to find out more information about the murder.

Sarah's POV:

I find the address of the lady that was murdered and start planning on how to get to the place without my parents knowing.

I gather up all my things and notes about the murder and head downstairs. My 6 year old sister Sadie runs out of the living room tugging at my top wanting me to play Barbies with her.

"Sarah, Sarah, please play. We are dressing the Barbies up, it will be fun. Pleeeeaaassseee!""I'm sorry Sadie,  maybe another time, I am going to go out with a couple of friends from school. Maybe a bit later, yeah?" I say to my sister who has now run off to carry on playing.

"Who are you going out with now? Where are you going? What time will you be home? Will you be home from dinner?" The usual and boring questions that come out from my parents mouth each time I go to leave the house.

I sigh and reply with "Mum, Dad, I am only going to the park and the mall with some girls from school. I will be home before dinner. I mean it is only 11:30. If I am going to be home later then I will text you. Honestly, it's no biggie! You make out as if I am going out somewhere you won't know where and going to get up to all sorts of things."

"Well, are you?" Asks my Mum.

"Gosh Mum, who exactly do you think I am. I will see you all later." I say and then leave the house.

Finally I get some freedom, I can hardly leave the house without getting the 3rd degree from them.

The Neighbours POV:

I am sitting here shaking, trying to get the image of my best friend out of my head, but it won't happen as I have the police interrogating me endlessly expecting me to know all the answers. I know they need to ask these questions so they can solve the murder, but I cannot think straight with them standing there trying to be sympathetic and pretending to know how I feel. How they can possibly know what it feels like to find your best friend lying there dead and that there is nothing you can do to help her expect scream and call the police?