The killer

It was a dark night. Five people who's names are irrelevant so we will call them 1,2,3,4 and 5 are sitting around a campfire telling stories to make each other laugh. Each person trying to one up each other. All of a sudden 3 hears a noise. He informs the others and they decide to stay together and listen. The noise gets closer. The group thinks it would be best to get in their cars and drive away. 1 puts out the fire and 2 and 4 pack their belongings. Suddenly a figure steps from the dark. He's wearing a bloody t shirt that's ripped and has a look of terror on his face. The only word he could get out was "run" before falling to the ground, dead. The group grabs their flashlights and weapons made of sticks and camping knives. They run the path not often used towards their cars. Behind them they hear labored breathing. Their sure it's the killer. Not knowing what to expect, 5 looks back to see a shadowy figure approaching at an alarming speed. The group is now sprinting as fast as they can. Finally they make it inside their cars and lock the doors. What they were unaware of is that each car was damaged differently. 1 and 2's car had its tires slashed. 3's has it's brake line cut. 4 and 5's had its windows smashed. As the killer approaches the vehicles, all cars engines turn on. 1 and 2 quickly realized their car had been tampered with and go to the car with the broken windows. As they go, 2 gets ambushed and is easily killed but not before they get a slash at the killers hand. This only makes him angrier. He tries to reach i the car without windows but is unable to as they speed away. The car without breaks is not on the road long as a curve in the road sends them to a ditch. The killer unfortunately has them trapped. He makes easy work of slashing his two new victims. The car with the broken windows holding 1 and 3 makes it to the police station where they find the bloody remains of what's left of the officers. They continue driving until daylight where they find another police station where the officers were unharmed. As they describe the story the officers are prepared to assist in finding their friends. Upon inspection, the police find that the killer is gone and his bloodbath has been wiped clean of evidence. To this day the killer is on the loose. He's average height and weight. The only distinguishing feature being the cut on his hand.