part one

Ryan held Brendon close as he watched the TV.

Just the news.

Per usual.

He hated the news, always has. But it helped Brendon sleep, so he did it.

He loved Brendon. He would do anything to make him happy.

But he couldn't let him know.

Ryan was too afraid to get his heart broken again. He wasn't sure how repressing his feelings would help, but it did. Gave a sense of comfort.

He remembered the last time.

Ryan was snapped out of his thoughts as the noise of a siren filled the messy room. He looked down at his boyfriend, smiling softly.

Brendon woke up with a yawn, rubbing his eyes after.

"Hey baby.." Ryan spoke softly.

"Hi.." He replied, voice groggy. It was obvious that he had just woke up.

Ryan stroked the raven's arm, trailing down to his hand and lifting it up to kiss it.

He smiled warmly up at him, kissing Ryan's chest.

"Your birthday's coming up." Ryan said, still holding the younger to his chest. Brendon nodded, nuzzling into him.

"What are you getting me?" he asked, giggling.

"Of course you ask." Ryan responds, laughing with him. Brendon nodded and watched as Ryan opened his mouth to speak, they were both struck with silence.

"the suspect shot and killed himself before the police could arrive, leaving him and 13 other victims dead at Lactose Intolerant High School."

Ryan sighed sadly down at his partner. "'s horrible, Ry." brendon frowned, "All those lactose intolerant kids, just wanting to gain an education without milk. They can't even do that without getting shot! It's disgusting.".

"I know, baby.." he sighed, "I know...".

"I'm glad we never had to go through that.."

"Me too." the younger rubbed his eyes.

"Let's go make lunch." he held him tighter.

"Without milk?" Brendon asked.

Ryan nodded, smiling.