Part 1

Struck!

       Kirishima Eijirou, also known as the pro hero Red Riot, graduated from UA High School class 1-A. During that time, he was able to grow close with many of his classmates. There was a single one who stood out most from them all, and that was partially because of the red thread that tied them together. Kaminari Denki. They've been close since the very first year. They avoided talking about the threads only they could see, and more or less ignored they were even there.

       The morning of March 23rd, came a knock at Eijirou's door. He had just barely woken up, so he looked much like a mess when he answered the door. To his surprise it was Denki.
       "Hey, Eijirou, I wanted to come over to talk about something.." he said, looking down and rubbing the back of his neck.
       Denki looked more nervous than he usually did. Without so much as a nod, Eijirou let him into his apartment and sat down on the couch with Denki next to him.
       "I didn't want to ignore the threads tying us together anymore." Denki simply said.
       He avoided all eye contact with Eijirou. He didn't want to see the expression he would give in response to his words.
       "Denki.." Eijirou muttered. "I.. I feel the same." he hesitated.
       Eijirou gently took his hand and held it. A small shock came from Denki, who looked up from his lap to look at the smiling Eijirou. Denki let out a long sigh, chuckling under his breath. Eijirou thought he could hear him whisper what a relief.

       As time passed by, like days were merely hours and minutes, the two grew closer in a new light. The two never really talked of a future together, this was because they thought just being together now was enough.
       Denki came home before Eijirou did that day. He plopped onto the bed and, with a long sigh, fell asleep.
       Eijirou came home to find him cuddled up in the blankets and pillows. He chuckled at the sight and crouched by the bed, moving the gold colored hair from his face to kiss his forehead. This warm touch woke Denki from his rest. Denki mumbled some words and moved to hug Eijirou.
       "Denki, I have something I want to give you, so wake up." Eijirou's voice echoed a bit in Denki's ears.
       Denki nodded and rubbed his eyes, standing up. Eijirou took his hand and led him onto the balcony of the apartment they lived in together. Denki was still drowsy from the 4 hour long nap he took. Eijirou took a deep breath before speaking.
       "I know we've never talked about it, but I love where we are and I don't want us to part if that ever did occur.. so I wanted to make it permanent by doing this," he spoke softly, kneeling down before Denki, who held a confused expression. "I want you to marry me, Kaminari Denki."
       He stood there, an expression filled with awe and surprise. Denki stumbled to find words, tears filling his eyes. He couldn't tell if he was still dreaming or if this was actually reality. Eijirou looked at him, still waiting for him to respond.
       "Is this.. Is this a dream?" he first asked.
       Eijirou laughed a little and showed him his shark like teeth. "It's not a dream!" Eijirou spoke with confidence. "I'm in love with you!"
       Denki covered his mouth with his hands. "Eijirou.." his voice was shaking. "Eijirou, I.."
       "I want to be able to see you every morning, every night, every moment before, after, and between. I want to spend this life with you." Eijirou stood up and took one of Denki's hands.
       Denki smiled under his hand, tears streaming down his cheeks. "I want to be able to do the same.. Eijirou.." Denki moved his hand from his mouth. "I love you too, Eijirou!" he laughed, hugging the man in front of him. The man who was tied to him with that red thread.

                                                     to be continued..