The Day Before The Move

"Raimy are you almost done packing? The truck will be here soon and I want to start loading it up so we can be ready for tomorrow," My mom yelled from downstairs.

"I'm working on it, just have a few more things and then I'll be done," I tell her as I am putting all my stuff in box's. We are moving from Wyoming all the way to California and not just anywhere in California Los Angeles California.

My mom got a job offer so we are relocating luckily this year I don't have to go through the struggle of going to a new high school in the middle of the year. No but this time I'm staying for good even if mom gets a new job offer and has to move somewhere else. I am tired of moving all the time so she going to have to deal with me not wanting to go with her for the billionth time.

Mom has known about this for about 3 months and so I have decided to just go to college in Los Angeles and so that's what I'm doing.

I am putting away the pictures I had in my room when my mom comes up, and stands in the doorway. She makes a face. "What?" I say

"Nothing it's just this room hasn't been this clean," she says as I grab the pillow that's on the ground and throw it at her. She laughs and says "I'm serious." My mom looks really young and is super pretty. She's got brown curly hair with blue eyes. Everyone says I take after her and I guess it's true I have the same hair as her and the same eye color.

She walks out of my room and I yell and ask her if we can go out to eat tonight for dinner, she says yes only because we have all the kitchen stuff packed up in box's.

The moving truck gets here right as I'm done putting tape on my box's and my mom yells at me to start bringing stuff down.

We get half of the stuff in the truck when it gets dark and we decide to go get our dinner. We went to Olive Garden. My mom and I love pasta so with any chance we get we have pasta.

We get back home and I change straight into my pjs. I tell my mom goodnight and I lay on my phone for a little and then fall asleep, we have a big day tomorrow with the move.