His New Target

A/N: I don't feel like writing a character description so you get to learn about our heroine as the story goes on, like in a real book. Enjoy~

~Rose's POV~

        "Yeah, mum. I'll be fine. I'm just going to be in Belarus for college," I assured my mother as I was getting ready to board the plane.

        "I can't believe my little girl is going to college to become a writer!" My mum smothered me in hugs and kisses as I tried to board, "Remember to get rich so you can support me and your father!"

        "I will, mum. I'll make you and dad proud!" I exclaimed happily and gave my dad a big smile to which he returned and hugged me.

        "I know you will, squirt," my dad patted my back reassuringly. My sisters, both younger, huffed.

        "I know Ro is about to turn nineteen and all but why does she get to ditch us to a different country?" Victoria, my sixteen-year-old sister, whined.

        "I'm not gonna miss her. She finally won't be around to boss me around," Audrey, age twelve, had been a pain in my neck ever since she turned four and learned to curse and disobey people in charge. In fact, both my sisters had been pains, but I loved them both no matter what, never wishing bad things on them. Despite her harsh words, I could tell Audrey was sad. Her voice cracked with her next words, "Just... get back here safe so I can beat you in Mortal Combat again and again, you're the only one who sucks at it worse than me." I might be the gamer of the house but I always sucked at those types of button-mashing, fighting games.

        "Don't worry, sissies, I'll be back every once in a while and I'll be back home normally before you know it," I gave them a reassuring smile before kissing their foreheads and squeezing them tightly. Pretty soon it was time to board my flight, so I said my final goodbye and walked calmly onto the plane, trying to hold in the tears threatening to escape and telling myself that I would see them soon, I'm the oldest, I have to be strong. I sat down in my window seat and settled for an uneventful plane ride that ended up being pretty eventful.

~Nikolai's POV~

        "Big Brothers! We need to board the plane! Ivan, you can butt heads with Alfred later! If we don't go now, the plane will leave without us!" I yelled mainly at the angry, yet innocent looking, Russian threatening the annoying American.

        "Так, Nikolai is right, we need to go Ivan," Dimitri agreed, using his native tongue, Ukrainian, to say a simple 'yes'.

        "Fine, but next time, America, I will hurt you," Ivan smiled at Alfred innocently, as if he hadn't just threatened his life. Dimitri clamped his hand over Ivan's mouth quickly.

        "Shh, brother, our identities are supposed to stay secret!" He whisper-shouted. I sighed as the speakers blared their last call. Grabbing Ivan and Dimitri, the first more gentle than the second, and dragged them onto the plane. I placed Dimitri in a seat across the isle from the seat I was going to claim and sat down, placing Ivan next to me. A bored looking girl had taken the window seat in our row so I sat in between her and big brother. I was glad no to have a girl near him. He wasn't going to leave us for some girl anytime soon. I glanced at her daydreaming face and took in her features.

        Her long, brown hair was almost overly straight, though I could tell she didn't iron it, or what ever you call that. Her hazel eyes stared out the window with a far away look, almost as if her consciousness wasn't in this world anymore. The pale, snow like skin was dotted with millions of freckles, their brown color being amplified. The clothes she was wearing seemed to be brand new, as if she hated to buy them in the first place. First of all, she was constantly shifting her legs, which were snuggly wearing black, sweatpants that looked really warm and comfortable, without looking like she was too lazy to get dressed. The pants had grey specks everywhere and a very colorful version of the word 'love' in large bold print running down her left leg. My gaze traveled up to her ever fidgeting torso. She wore a lime green undershirt beneath a black hoodie. The hood, itself, was lined with grey faux fur. This girl seemed to have a certain thing for darker colors. I could respect that, dark colors helped me when I stalked Ivan. I noticed she had pretty decent curves. She could attract big brother's attention and take him away. I would have to get more information on this potential threat. Suddenly her far away eyes returned to Earth and looked at me.

        "My eyes are up here, sir," she spoke sternly, not frightened by my scrutinizing gaze at all.