Chapter 1 People

People. We go on with our lives untouched by the suffering of others. We lay on our satin sheets scrolling through our Facebooks, looking at the posts saying "one like is one prayer". We don't think much of them. Just annoying little posts trashing our feed. People desperate for popularity. I've been thinking a lot of people lately. I've had a lot of time to think lately. Especially in the hospital. Going up to floor 3, preparing for whatever news the doctor told me next, passing rooms of the suffering. Floors one and two aren't bad. They're filled with kids getting checkups, or patients with broken arms. Floor three is where the nightmares begin. Behind every closed door are sobs of parents, finding out that cancer has come back, spread, etc. . In every empty room are memories of what once was. Every time I pass a room, I remember the people. Sometimes they change, but for the most part it was the same. The same people, the same problems. I went to my home away from home- room c24. I sit down on the tightly tucked in bed. It became so familiar to me. I had spent so many nights here. It was plain, though. No pictures, no television. Just a simple window. I hated the window. Outside I saw people. Walking, running, carrying bags of groceries. People that don't know I'm looking down at them. There're normal lives. My messed up one. They don't know I'm looking, so why do I get so angry? So angry that they don't look back. Even if they noticed, I wouldn't want the pity. I just wanted someone to see me. Not as the sick child with terminal cancer; but who I was before the disease. People. We're all different, but all the same. Out of all the people walking below me, I just want one to find me... To help me find me. I don't need people... Just a person.