o n e

"c'mon, surely you've got something!"
hyungsik's croaky voice shouted at me. i payed him no mind and laughed.
i had grown used to the older men thinking they could order me around. bang hyungsik was on top of that list. as somebody who was almost inferior to me he sure did act like the fucking prime minister.

"are you going to answer me park, or just laugh?" he had moved closer to me, the stench of alcohol and cigarettes entered my nose. disgusting bastard.
"i have nothing to say to you."

"at least solve this, it'll cost you your job if it's not solved soon."
with that he walked out of my office and slammed the door with all his might. i chuckled under my breath. out of all the people the police had to send over it had to be hyungsik.

although i feel quite the hatred towards him he did supply me with a new case. i opened it and felt a loss for words.
"busan's biggest serial killer yet" oh god.

i flipped through the pages, the detailing was grotesque. limbs missing, intestines cut open.. you name it this persons done it. throughout all the forensic investigations there's been no data on the killer. we don't even know if it's just one person.

i groan and hit my head on the table. "sometimes i wish i just worked at the bloody cat shelter."

a low and sarcastic laugh gains my attention. i look up and instantly wish to be swallowed whole by my desk chair. "seems like your working hard, park." his venomous voice spits the words at me.

"piss off i don't have ti-" before i finish he snatches the file off my desk and skims through it.
i try my hardest to reach and claim my files back but as always, he's too fast.
"why would hyungsik give something like this to an illiterate piece of shit like you, huh?"

i shrug and continue my quest to have the notes back safely. i accept i'm not getting them back anytime soon and pout while rearranging my desk.

"how about we make a deal?" his dark hooded eyes stare directly into mine.
i attempt my best 'i am not intimidated by you voice' "and what would that be?"

"i'll give this back to you if we can work together."

"deal."