The Unknown Truth

~* Note: Here is the first installment of my book - I just started it and it is yet to be complete, but i will complete it for sure :) Enjoy! *~

First Feelings

"Jasmine, want to see me do a flip off the diving-board?" asked Matt. I turned to look at my best friend standing there with the biggest smile on his face ready to show off.

I smiled, and replied, "Sure! Show me what you got!"

He than went over to the diving-board, and squatted down, knees bent, his tan, cameral skin shining, with his brown hair blowing in the air, jumped high, did one flip and splashed into the cold shimmering water below. I ran to the pool, waiting to say what a great job he did, but I could do better.

"So, did you like my super cool dive?"

"Haha, yeah I did. But I can do better."

"Oh, Really? Well Miss I can do anything, let's see you try."

"Alright, fine." I walked over to the board, head up high in the air. I went up to the diving board, got into my position. Standing straight, wind blowing my blonde hair, I took two deep breaths, walked a couple of steps. My feet went over the edge, and before I could do anything, I slipped, lost my balance and fell right into the pool. I could hear Matt scream my name as I feel in the water. The rushing of the water surprised me. I should have expected the water to come rushing into my mouth and clogging up my breathing. But I didn't. I could feel my muscles tensing up in my throat, gagging for air; I thrashed my arms in the water, creating bubbles. I could feel myself slipping away.

I thought I heard someone jump into the water, but I couldn't tell if that was just my heart beating, or my arms thrashing everywhere. I felt arms pick me up from underneath, and felt water rushing from my face, then in a split second, I gasped for air. I was then set down on the ground and grabbed the towel that was being put around me. I looked up to see who got me out of the water, and it was Matt. I put my head into his chest and started to cry.

He put his arms around me and rocked me like a little baby. "It's alright Jasmine. You're going to be okay." I just held him tighter, afraid that he will leave my side.

I started to calm down, and started to focus on my surroundings. I looked up at Matt again and saw how his face was calm and was just allowing me to be in his arms. I felt butterflies in my stomach, and felt my face go red. I put my head down, thinking why I suddenly felt this way. Was something wrong with me, was I coming down with something? I didn't know, it was just all to confusing to think about.

"How are you doing?"

I looked up. "I-I'm doing fine."

He smiled. "That's good. I was worried back there. When you didn't come out of the water, I had a bad feeling."

"I'm glad you came in. It was just shocking when I suddenly fell in. I forgot for an instant on where I was and what happened."

He pulled me tighter into his arms. "At least you didn't die."

I smiled. "Yeah, thank you."

"For what?" he asked.

I looked up at him with a confused look on my face, "What do you mean for what? You saved my life!"

He laughed, "I know, I was kidding."

I frowned. "That's not funny."

"I'm sorry." He looked at me with his beautiful brown eyes.

I couldn't stay mad at him. I looked down, afraid that he would see me blush. "It's okay."

"Come on, let me bring you inside." He got up, then pulled me up to my feet and walked with me into my house. He asked me if I wanted to take a nice hot shower.