Valentine Academy

•••/Valentine Academy/•••

•••/Prologue-/•••

She wore the red scarf. It was her signature piece of clothing. It billowed back in the wind as a cold, evening breeze picked up, rustling the leaves of the trees around her. She was mesmerized. Not only by the subtle music nature made, but by the bright, shining, penny like object that sat above her in the sky. It was amazing.

Surrounding it were several shining speckles. All bright, some red, some blue, some yellow. It was like the paintings she had seen back in the Academy. It amazed her how surreal it was, how delicate and fragile people treated it. It amazed her so.

She slowly slid her hand out of her pocket. A crumpled noise came from within it as her hand protruded out with the small slip of paper she was given. She looked down at the now scrunched up piece of purple pad, the handwriting which had been placed so delicately was now smudged and barely readable.

Frustrated, she clamped the paper in her hands, scrunching it up even more into a small, throwable ball. A thought flashed across her mind as she thought about tossing it away, into the wild and untamed nature. That thought soon flew away as she remembered the importance of keeping the outside grounds beautiful. Rarely we're any students allowed out here, and if so, they were always kept a close eye on.

Turning, she walked back towards the grounds of the Academy, her time allowed out in the fresh air now up as the gates began to close behind her. She took a few more steps before turning around, looking towards the big steel and iron gates that ran across the entrance of the Academy. She felt something clamp inside her chest as she watched the Patrols grab the big golden keys and lock the gates shut, not allowing any more students out there again tonight.

She sighed, and watched as her frosty cold breath flew out in front of her, slowly evaporating into the cool night air. She started pacing towards the door to the Academy, wanting so longingly to get back into the warm, homely bed of hers. To forget about the note she had received today. To forget about anything else from the outside walls. So that she could only focus on what was inside Valentine Academy.