Hunter

New story Sorry!!! :)

The smell of fresh grass filled my lungs as I ran deeper into the forbidden forest. The forest that separated us from them. It was forbidden for anyone to go through the dark forest but I didn’t care. I had to see something. The person told me they would wait for me until the end of time. I stopped by a tree leaning against it as I caught my breath. The only thing that was willing myself to keep going on was just the mere thought of seeing them.

Before I started my run again I heard a tree branch break under something. I flinched and pulled out my gun. If pushed came to shove I would kill my own people. But I had nothing to worry about because they were here. I dropped my gun and walked towards the lone wolf. It bowed its head growling deep into its throat like a cat purring for attention. For love.

I walked over to it and hugged its head lovingly.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“Wake up Deric!” I groaned as I felt my covers being pulled away, “Why are you crying?” I frowned and looked at my sister who pointed to her crystal blue eyes. I rubbed my eyes to see that I was indeed crying. I shrugged laying back down, “Deric we have school! I don’t want to be late for my first day of high school!!!” my sister cried and I shook my head.

“It’s just school. Nothing different. More drama, more people trying to get into your pants. Nothing special.” I groaned as she began punching my back. “MOM!” I screamed but no one answered.

“Come on please!” I looked over to the side to see my sister giving me her best puppy eyes and I gotta say they were pretty good. I groaned shaking my head.

“I’m a senior for crying out loud. I’m not supposed to be on time for school.”

“I know. But I need to be.” I groaned and got up. “Oh thank you!!” she jumped on top of me and I shook my head.

“Yeah, yeah.” She began to giggle and rush out to do her make up or something. Whatever girls do. I on the other hand hit the showers for about twenty minutes got out let my hair air dry. Brushed my teeth found some clean clothes put that on and in about an hour max I was downstairs eating cereal waiting on my sister to hurry her small ass up.

“Girls,” I grumbled with my mouth full of Frosty Flakes. My dad was sitting at the head of the table reading the newspaper as my mom poured him some black coffee. My mom smiled.

I rolled my eyes when I heard my sister scream at the top of her lungs, “MOM!!!” my mom’s smile flatter and I groaned with my head down as I ate my breakfast in the little peace I had. My dad was in his own little world.

My dad was a big guy with short black army hair cut with cold blue eyes. He was large in muscle and about 6’9 and he was just all around scary kind of guy and it didn’t help that he was serious in everything he did, “Are you ready for school son?” I almost spit my cereal out at the sound of my dad’s voice.

“Uh y-yes sir.” I said cleaning up my mess. I blushed feeling embarrassed. My dad looked up from his newspaper and nodded and that was about the end of our conversation. About ten minutes passed before my sister came walking down the stairs holding my mother’s hand. I shook my head. My sister, Lily, looked nothing like our mother who had blonde hair and green eyes.