Chapter 1 ~ Good Girl Meets Bad

February 4th, first day of a brand new school year, first day of everything. During the two month break me and mum moved from Doncaster to Bradford leaving my dad and older brother behind. You see my parents have recently spilt and mum has made this big deal out if it that she has to move to another city away from dad. I don't understand why though, I mean they can just not see each other like normal divorced couples. It was to late to say anything though as we were already in Bradford and I was getting dropped off to school.

"Don't look so shy Valerie", Mum spoke while we drove.

"I'm not, I just don't want to go here".

"Well where would you like to go?", she asked.

"Doncaster Private Christian College".

She sighed, "I mean in Bradford darling".

"Can you move the school from Doncaster to here?".

She gave me a look, I had my head tilted on the window looking out to all the students walking past,

Mum stopped the car next to the path, "Good luck".

I rolled my eyes getting out the car and making my way to the front office.

"Welcome to Bradford High school, how can I help you?", the receptionist smiled.

"I'm new here and I believe I need my timetable".

"You must be Valerie Grace, it's nice to meet you", she shook my hand.

"Thank you very much, it's lovely to see you".

"Here's your timetable and also a map of the school for directions", she handed me two different sized papers.

I exited the office not knowing what to do before the bell went I just stood there awkwardly pretending to be on my phone. A sudden loud motorcycle made it's way in the car park in front of me. All the girls squealed running to where it was parked. At first I thought some celebrity attended this school. I was proved wrong when this dark tanned muscular guy was in perfect view. He had dark hair with tattoos all on his body including neck. Not one inch of his showing skin, besides his face was bare. The thing that turned me off though was that he pulled out a cigarette and lite it up in front of all the girls surrounding him. Thinking he was so cool when inhaling and exhaling what slowly kills him.

We made eye contact for one second before I kept my head down. I saw big black boots make there way in front of me. The exhaled smoke touched my dark wavy hair.

"You must be Valerie", he inhaled.

I nodded not making any sound.

"Why won't you talk?", he asked exhaling the smoke again.

"Sorry".

"You're excused, you look pretty hot to be the new girl", he smirked.

I raised one of my bushy black eyebrows, "Well I've never heard that before".

He laughed, "The names Zayn, you'll remember it".

He walked off in the other direction followed by a mix of boys and girls behind him.

"Don't talk to him, he's a dick", A young British boy popped up next to me.

"I can tell".

"But seriously don't talk to him, I mean it. He's trouble, really bad trouble", the boy had such a serious tone.

"I won't, why are you so protective?".

"You seem like a nice girl and I didn't want him to lure you away at first sight", he smiled.