Prompt 1

PROMPT: The Unrequited love poem: How do you feel when you love someone who doesn't love you back

My heart is filled to its capacity. Something I would have never fathomed. It was a strange tightness in my lower abdomen and a quick heat that would flush my cheeks no matter what i did. My mind constantly racing with new theories and ideas and every time I day dreamed it was always of you. How do you tell someone who doesn't know you exist that you love them? That you spend every waking moment thinking of them? Simple answer to a complex question: you can't and you won't.

What use was it to tell someone that you didn't know that you were hopelessly in love with the deranged version of them that you created with your wild imagination? Would you tell them your fantasy of who they might be, or of who they could be? Love at first sight doesn't exist but a girl can dream. And I dream a lot of a six foot boy who doesn't know me because his eyes are too focused on the loud and obnoxiously curvy girl in the front of the room. Everytime I struggle to get his attention and I get nothing more than a sympathetic smile. I'm convinced my mind hates me as the altercations are not living up to my high expectations. The person that you are and the person I want you to be are two different concepts and I wish you would just notice me once so I could have the chance to make you fall hopelessly in love with me but I know that i am incapable of gaining what others experience as love. But if you could just be what I wanted you to be we could be dancing around the mountain tops; shouting to the heavens with joy as we ran away from this cold world. We could live our own lives and it could just be us, but here we are: sitting silently in geometry class. You're eyes are so soft and I know that underneath those muscles is just a simple boy with simple dreams who just wants to make it through another day. And I, your future wife, can promise you that, even though you may not know it now, the loud and obnoxiously curvy girl in the front of the room will never understand you the way i will. And even if I have to wait forever for you, I will. Because you may not know it but I do: you're worth it. And maybe it is my wildest dreams keeping my hopeless ambitions held so high. But it's also my wildest dreams and desires that will push me to you and naturally you will gravitate to me. No, I am not that beautiful girl you are eyeing. But I am more than what she will ever be. I am educated and strong and that's all you will ever need in a woman. So to my future husband, who doesn't know me now, I am waiting for you and maybe you are waiting for me too. But one way or another we will be together.   

-end

-LMF