Chapter 1

As I stood there on the red carpet of the MTV VMA's posing for the paparazzi shouting my name from every angle. There was only one thing I was concentrating on. Not bumping into that idiot. I knew he was gonna be here, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from coming to this event.

I got pulled away from the flashes of paparazzi and ushered to go talk to the interviewers. I walked over and immediately got greeted by many interviewers with cameras. I talked to quite a few of them but they all asked the same question "do you think you'll ever collaborate with Shawn Mendes?" That question really annoyed me but I always answered with the simple polite answer "I'm not sure, maybe in the future, we don't really know each other that well."

After I had been interviewed I was pointed in the direction of where I was sitting. I was sat near Demi Lovato and Camila Cabello, it was okay, I was nowhere near Shawn. I was getting really nervous about performing later.

A few minutes passed and I started talking to Camila, who was to the left of me.
"Hey, I've never seen you here before you're Caitlin, right?" Camila said to me smiling
"Yeah I got nominated this year and I'm performing later." I said smiling back, I knew she was best friends with Shawn.
"Oh wow that's great, good luck I'm performing later too!" She said to me still smiling.
"Good luck to you as well, it's starting!" I said excitedly as the lights went down.

"Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the MTV 2017 VMA's!" Yelled the voice over "Get ready for your host who will be performing later on and has been nominated for 3 awards this year! Please welcome Mr Shawn Mendes!"

I froze in my seat. I was really close to the stage, there was no way he was going to miss me. As There's Nothing Holding Me Back started playing, Shawn strolled on in a blue Emporio Armani suit.

"Hey what's up everyone!" Shawn yelled into the microphone looking into the crowd smiling, everyone was going crazy yelling. Everyone except me.
"Tonight is a very exciting night as we have many hot new performers and some first time nominees, such as my best friend, Camila Cabello, an amazing new singer song writer, Caitlin Edmunds and many other amazing artists!" He had noticed me and started smiling at me, I just scowled back at him before the camera panned to my face and I started smiling.

A bit of time had passed and 3 awards had been given and 4 performances had been made, it was my turn next. I slyly got up from my seat and made my way to backstage. I quickly got to my dressing room and out of my red Armani dress and into a mesh top, camo pants and some lace up doc martens and my hair stayed in the braids they were done in.

I grabbed a bottle of water from the mini fridge and started to warm my voice up. After 5 minutes of singing melodies, the stage manager knocked and the door to say I had 10 minutes until I was on, I grabbed my guitar and practiced my song.

10 minutes passed pretty quickly and suddenly I was called to go on stage. The lights went down and I walked on stage and a stage guy followed me out with a microphone and stand. The lights went back up and the crowd started cheering, the song started playing and I began to sing....

I ain't got no time for no games
Tell me what you like but it's never gon' change
So you do what you wan-wanna do
And I'm not going home with you, home with you
I ain't got no time for no games
I'm not being rude, can you give me my space
'Cause I do what wan-wanna do
And I'm not going home with you, home with you
Your words are dead
Cheap blondes are boring
So I do my thing
And keep on ignoring
You saw, you're aware
I don't go around givin' my thing up, thing up
Have some respect, It's quite insulting
I don't wanna wake up with you in the morning
You tell me you're different, excuse me for snoring
You liar, liar
I ain't got no time for no games
Tell me what you like but it's never gon' change
So you do what you wan-wanna do
And I'm not going home with you, home with you
I ain't got no time for no games
I'm not being rude, can you give me my space
'Cause I do what wan-wanna do
And I'm not going home with you, home with you
No, baby don't tell me your story
You know I don't care
So why you persistent?
For no I am not, not gonna sleep with you
Stop now, stop now
Have some respect
Don't act like I'm blind
I can see your intent
I've spent way too much time
I have listened to this
Listened to shit from a player
You get no love
I ain't got no time for no games
Tell me what you like but it's never gon' change
So you do what you wan-wanna do
And I'm not going home with you, home with you
I ain't got no time for no games
I'm not being rude, can you give me my space
'Cause I do what wan-wanna do
And I'm not going home with you, home with you
Oh, I'm not going
I'm not going home with you boy, no
I'm not doing home with you, home with you
Don't do this to me, nightmare
You got a nice face, big deal
Don't want what you got right here
Whoa
I won't hear you darling
'Cause I'm not your baby
Do I have to say it?
Say it again, again?
I ain't got no time for no games
Tell me what you like but it's never gon' change
So you do what you want, what you wanna do
And I'm not going home with you, home with you
I ain't got no time for no games
I'm not being rude, can you give me my space
'Cause I do what wan-wanna do
And I'm not going home with you, home with you
Oh, you do what you wan-wanna do
And I'm not going home with you, home with you

After I had finished my song the crowd went crazy and started cheering, this was my first time in front of a crowd this big. Shawn suddenly appeared beside me and I scowled at him, he just looked hurt but we quickly changed our expressions before realizing we were on stage.

"Remember Caitlin is nominated in 2 categories this year, we'll see if she's won anything!" He said into the mic, I turned and waved to the crowd before walking off the stage.

"Caitlin! Caitlin stop!" Shawn said lightly touching my shoulder, I turned around and said
"No Shawn I have nothing to say to you!" And I turned back round and walked off to my dressing room.

I decided to not go back out to the floor for a while, I waited about 10 minutes before going out. But before I could there was a knock at my door, I opened it and immediately shut it again. I went to my dressing table and sat down, the door opened and in walked Shawn.
"I haven't got anything to say to you Shawn." I said to him bluntly
"Yes I know but you don't need to say anything, you just need to listen." He pleaded, I just nodded slightly.
"Why we ended, I didn't cheat on you" He said softly
"That's not what it said in the news, Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes spotted kissing on a date!" I recalled
"But that's not the whole truth..."
"Whole truth! So some of that was true?" I interrupted
"Yes, but...."
"No Shawn I've listened and I've had enough, goodbye hope to see you never." And with that I walked out.

I made my way back to my seat, where Camila asked me where I had been I just ignored her.

My category had come up, Best New. The other nominations were Khalid, Billie Eilish, Camila Cabello and Jessie Reyez. Demi Lovato and Charlie Puth were presenting the award,
"and the winner for Best New is..." Demi started
"Caitlin Edmunds!" Charlie finished, I stood up and went up to the stage to get my award. I hugged Demi and Charlie and they gave me the award and a mic.
"Wow! Thank-you all so much for voting for me! I love you guys so much and I appreciate you all. Best moment of my life! Thankyou!" I said, I hugged Demi and Charlie again and went to sit back down. The award was taken from me by one of the security guards.

-c-