The House beside the Copra Oil Factory

Twenty years ago,  I remember the time when I was active with the bm church prayer group in Kudat where I grew up

We were just a small group, consisted with less than 10 people including the parish sister. Somewhere in October that year,  we went to pray the rosary at some of the parishioner's houses around Kudat town and villages.

One of the houses that we visited was a rented room at one of the big houses beside a copra (coconut)  oil factory.  The room was at the second floor. I believe that the other rooms was rented by non-christians.

When we arrived at the house front yard with the parish van,  I felt something weird. It was hard to explain but when I looked up the window at the second floor,  I felt that someone or something was watching us behind the curtains.

The parishioner that we visited that night was a Filipino lady. She welcomed us and invited us to come into the house.

As soon as we were entered the house front door,  all the lamps went out.  We were in total darkness!  Blackout all of the sudden.

I looked around.  The neighbouring houses still have power supply. "That was weird", I thought to myself but my mouth remained shut. The lady offered us some candles each and lit them up. I was glad when I saw the lights.  After a while,  we decided to continue anyway with the rosary prayer.

All of us climbed up the steep small stairs slowly with candles in our hands.  Suddenly under the dim light of my candle, I saw something black dripped on my friend's shoulder from above who was walking in front of me.

I looked up and there was nothing there. I only can see the big wooden bars and the house roof. I touched the black drip on my friend's shoulder with my right forefingers while we were still climbing up the stairs.  I stopped in the middle of the stairs and bought my fingers nearer to my candle to take a close look.

It was red!  "Could it be blood?" I thought to myself. "Whose blood was that? Where did it come from? " More questions popped out from my head. I was puzzled.

I looked up again. There was nothing above us other than the bars and roof. I was spooked.

When we finally reached the second floor, we gathered in front of our parishioner's room and started to pray the rosary. The other tenants inside of the other rooms closed their doors.

Actually it was supposed to be hot without the electric fan in front of the small room but I felt chills went through my spines and I had goose bumps! I felt cold and my body was shivering.  I continued to pray anyway.

I closed my eyes and focused on praying. When i opened up my eyes,  I saw someone was standing at the left corner of the room wearing white! My eyes searched for our parishioner. She stood right beside us praying along.

"Who is that?"

I felt so scared!  The corners was dark and I can't see the black figure's face. The black figure just stand still at the left corner of the room as though as he or she was watching us. I pretended that I didn't saw the black figure, closed my eyes and continued praying along with the rest.

"This room is haunted",  I thought to myself at the end of our prayer. When we finished the prayer with a song,  i opened my eyes for the song's lyric and looked again at the room's corners,  finally the black figure dissapeared.

After we finished our rosary prayer session,  we went down the stairs and bid farewell to the room owner as we still have to visit a few more houses on the list that night.

The room owner shooked each of our hands thanking us for coming. As we exited the house, the house lamps came back to life.

"Aikk.. " exclaimed the rest of my team.

Anyway we all boarded the church van and as we were leaving I turned my head right to take another look at the second storey's windows.  That's when I saw the same black figure that I just saw inside the room was standing by the windows. Scary! I quickly turned around my head to the frontside of the van.

Inside the van,  I asked my collegue who walked in front of me while climbing up the stairs.

"Mel,  did you feel something when we climbed up the stairs? "

"Felt what? "

"I am not sure.  I saw something dripped on your shoulder when we was on the stairs. It was red.  I think it's blood. I touched it with my fingers and saw it was red under my candle light. I looked up but all I can see was the roof. "

Everyone else inside the van suddenly stopped chatting and listened to us.  I showed her my stained red forefingers.

"Are you sure? "Mel turned and pulled her shirt. She looked behind her right shoulder and noticed there was a big red stain on her shirt. Then she looked at me with her wide eyes.

"I think it's blood. But whose blood was that Jess? Aiya my shirt is stained! " exclaimed Mel.

I was speechless. Everyone else in the van went silent. I decided not to say a word about what I saw inside the house. Maybe they also felt and saw what I just saw but remained silent about it.

"Just pray." our parish sister suddenly said.

We went to pray rosary at a few more houses that night,  luckily nothing weird happened but there were one time when we visited a chinese parishioner house, I encounter another episode of fear.

That day I was so scared and almost peed on my pants!

I am sorry but I am too sleepy to continue on typing for tonight.  Will continue with part 2 later.  Let me know if you want to know the rest of the story.

#horror #creepystories #misiTJ @ticerjess
#ceritaseram