Dean: I Have No Idea

There wasn't too much to "figure out" about me. I rocked hard. I hunted demons. I loved ACDC and the ladies. I kicked ass. I couldn't think of anyone I wanted to be me because I was, well, me. With the job I had, it was hard to actually be "seeing someone." I usually think I'll never run into the same person twice anyway.

So, I had no idea I would run into Bree again. It was about two weeks before I took Sam with me to look for Dad. I just burned the bones of a little girl who died and couldn't sit still. I wanted a beer, but the only place I could get one was at some bar. I sat down, sipping my beer to make it last a bit longer, and I heard the little bell on the door chime.

My brows furrowed. The hell? It's three in the morning here isn't it? 

That's when I turned around, and she was already flipping her blonde hair back for me. --

Okay, that's not what happened...

"Dean?"

I turned around in my chair to Bree's familiar voice. "Bree?"

Bree looked me over with her blue eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm having a beer." I gestured my beer.

Bree nodded, taking a deep breath. "Right." She looked at the bar tender, then me. "Can we talk outside?"

I paused for a moment, wondering what she was doing here. She was supposed to be in Nevada, not Louisiana. "Yeah." I put my beer down and walked out with her. She walked a far distance from the bar, and I followed her.

"Where have you been," Bree asked in a harsh whisper.

"Me?" My brows furrowed. "What are you even doing here? I... I--"

"Left me in Nevada after you killed that ghost?"

I paused and laughed awkwardly. "You know, you can't kill something that's already dead. So," I shrugged, "I didn't kill it."

Bree punched me hard. "I waited for you!"

I rubbed my cheek as I faced her. "I was coming back... I was just doing a job. And then another one came up."

"And then another one?" Bree seemed calmer now.

"Listen... If I don't get rid of them, who will?"

Bree paused, lowering her eyes in thought.

I dared a step closer to her. "There isn't one hunter for one ghost, and somtimes, the hunter doesn't get on the road again."

Bree looked at me with a soft expression. "I know. It's just been over two years Dean."

"I know." I hugged her. "I'm sorry."

Bree hugged me back. "It's okay. I just missed you."

I nodded, but then I remembered my questions. "What are you doing here?"

"I started looking for you a year ago. I looked up a bunch of rumored hauntings, and then I met a hunter. He led me to you."

 "You followed me?"

"No. The hunter just told me how to track you with luck. There's was no guarantee I was going to find you on a specific hunt." Bree took a deep breath. "So I'm kind of a hunter." She looked down like I was going to yell at her.

Truth be told, I wanted to yell at her. I wanted her to know that I was against her hunting even if it was to find me. But I wanted to yell at her because I cared for her. I wanted her alive even if that meant I couldn't be with her.

I held her and kissed the side of her head. "I'm glad you're alive. Just promise me one thing."

Bree nodded in slight surprise. "Okay."

"Don't go on another hunt. Go home."

"But you won't come back. Will you?"

I took a deep breath, ripping my gaze from hers. "Depends on if the demons get me."