Chapter 1

The lighting strikes again...c-c-rack again, and again it still hasn't hit the tower just right,I've been sitting in the rain for at least an hour waiting for the perfect moment to take the shot of the lightning hitting the Eflle tower I'm just a snap away from getting into my dream photography school...Parsons.c-c-raack snap craack snap... I got it. As I walk home I hear the rain thumping against the ground -plop plop plop - I can't stop thinking about what it will be like,leaving home. If I get accepted I will have to leave my home of Paris and fly all the way to New York City. I'm just a block away from home, the rain is getting harder, thumping against my back. I'm almost home...three houses two one I throw the door open and slam it behind me I sprint up to my room and scurry around my desk looking for my computer when I find it, I jump on my bed and plug in my camera. I log into redlight and upload my photos from the night 338 photos I scroll to the bottom of the page the photo that holds my future...I click it, crop it, and tint it. The mouse crosses the page I'm about to click the print button when my page goes back what happened...I run over to turn on the light,I flick it back and fourth 5 times,nothing...the power is out...

If I don't get in to this school my life is over, I should explain... Parsons was the school my parents met. After the funeral seven years ago (when I was ten) I realized it was the only thing connecting us anymore they both went their and sense