Chapter 1

Silence is the only thing to be heard in the house and the cold air surrounding me makes me shiver. Days like this I hate. Days when I fight him because of the stupid things. Things like talking to another boy and getting accused of cheating. But this time was different... This time he said something that made me think of our entire time together.

"Maybe this was wrong. Maybe we should just let go. And forget it all."

I remember meeting Josh in the shop I work in, Lush, and he ran in with the 5 band members he played for. They all panted and sat on the ground thanking me for not letting the crazed fans in the shop.

I smile to myself. That seemed so long ago now actually. My love for Josh hasn't changed at all, not in the past year. It's weird not hearing him breathing next to me as he sleeped. I get out of bed slowly desperate for him to be sleeping on the sofa. I tip toe down the hall and make my way to the kitchen.  I grab a glass from the drying rack, filling it with water.

"I'd thought you might be asleep." God no Josh is awake.

"Nope" I say to him with no emotion showing.

"Oh okay."

"What did you mean when you said we should forget it all? Did you mean us?" I ask him without thinking.

"No way, I love you Cassi. I couldn't leave you." Josh replies looking at the floor. I sigh and turn away ready to lay awake all night. Just as I take a few steps I hear sobbing. I stop. Turning back Josh was gone. I walk to the front room and see him laying on the sofa, his face buried in the sofa cushions.

Before I could stop I lay next to him quietly.

"I love you Josh. I really do." I mumble into his ear.

"I love you too. You're everything I ever wanted." Josh replies wrapping his strong drummer arms around me.