THE MAGIC OF LOVE

One day I saw this beautiful young maid who stole my heart. I then was an apprentice to the wizard Jonas. He was of fair power and was a good teacher. He saw he looking at my love. He started to laugh shaking his head.

I asked him why he was laughing. He told me that the girl of my dreams is a witch. Moreover, that her great-great grandmother is her teacher. She would never allow her I looked over at the young woman seeing now that there is something different about her. She had a sense of power about her. Jonas went on to say she would only love me are my magic. That she could take come me if I was not careful. Jonas told me he was strong enough to hold off her great-great grand mother, but just only.great-great grand daughter to be with a wizard.

I decided I would throw myself into my studies. Jonas was happy to oblige me keeping me busy for weeks. After about six weeks I finally started to slow down. As we both were in need of a break. Jonas told me he had to go see to something. He would not be gone more then a week. He made me promise not to speak the either of the witches.

I promised him I would not talk to them. He told me do not do them any favors or let them get hold of anything we owned. If they ask you for anything now matter how small or valueless do not give anything to them.

He cast a spell of protection over the small house we shared. Then he was off on his quest if only minor. I wanted to go on a quest. I knew my day would come. I was outside chopping up wood for the fire. When I saw her standing there looking at me. I was taken aback at first. I did not know someone could get so old. There before me stood this dried up old woman. She smiled at me looking at me like I was a fat hen.

A little ways away was my love looking more beautiful then ever. I nodded to the old woman saying, "My lady, my master has instructed me not to talk to you."

She let out a shrill laugh saying, "What is that student going to do to me. I could swallow his soul taking his feeble power before you could wink at my pretty."

I did not know if I believed her or not. I sometimes think Jonas was holding back. I sometimes felt a surge of power quickly subdued. I felt a good amount of power coming from the old woman. "I did not mean to stare. She is a lovely young lady."

"You wish to lay with her do not you. Do not be ashamed boy. It is a natural way to be. Man are always lusting after woman. Until they get there fill then they leave them."

"I am not that kind of man my good woman."

The girl came forward saying, "Granny leave him alone. He was only looking and I liked it. He is handsome even if he is a wizard."

"So be it if you want this young man then have him and be done with it. If you are only going to play with him. I am washing my hands of it and only will I say this once. Do not do anything rash little one. In a flash the old woman was gone.

My love came forward looking at me with the most beautiful blue eyes. She smiled saying, "I am sorry for my granny she only wants the best for me."

"I know what you mean. I am sorry what I said earlier. I was told by my master not to speak with you."

That is when something happened either of us what expect. We came together kissing. From then on we carried on a secret romanace. That lasted for four years. When I was finally done with my training. Jonas kept me on for another six months putting me through special training. As I made ready to make my way out in the world. He grabbed me saying, "I think of you like a son and I know you will treat my daughter well."

I was shocked and did not know what to say then out came, "Your daughter, you knew all this time."

He laughed hugging me saying, "Yes my young friend, granny told me about you two. I am happy my little girl found someone. She is now finding out the truth I assume. I was to be a warlock. I chose the path of my mother. You will be all right I had to make sure you were right for each other.

I left finding my love coming to me. We ran into each others arms. The old woman was standing there smiling. Jonas came out letting me feel his full power which jumped a few notches. Jonus handed his sack saying, "This is for your new life. It will hold up to three pounds of goods. There is five hundred gold in there."

We were married a short time later and want to to have five children. One was trained as a witch as two more became wizards. Another became a warrior while the last became a bard traveling the land telling tales about magic and the power of love.

                                                                                                       AUTHOR,

                                                                                                        NATHANIA