Chapter 1: meeting him

My friend, Sara, tried to get me to go to roller skating, I've been there a few times but it wasn't anything special. I agreed to go anyway, I didn't see why I shouldn't.

"Mabel! Are you coming?!" my friend called, trying to get me out of my room. I walked downstairs, not in any rush. I looked at Sara, her short curly hair was in a mess like always. She was my ride tonight, my dad was picking me up though.

We soon got to the old building and paid our way in, before I could get my skates on I saw a small, blonde, girl fall. I instantly helped her up, she told me her name was Bella, so I told her I was Mabel. We skated around for a bit - Sara made comments - after a while, she said something about her cousin, I nodded. I thought she meant a smaller child, but when she brought me over to him... He was nothing like I expected.

He had pure black hair and dark eyes, he had a nice figure, tall, wearing a red hoodie and blue jeans, I wasn't sure if he was always this tall or if it was skated - I looked down to see him holding them in his hand. I never have seen a boy this cute, nor did I think I ever would.

"Micheal!" his cousin called, he turned and looked at her, looking slightly confused when he saw I was holding her hand.

"Who's this?" he asked, looking at me, I could feel myself getting nervous... It was weird, I don't even know this kids name.

"It's Mabel, she's my friend," Bella told me, with a wide smile on her face.

"It's nice to meet you," he told me, and he had a smile that could kill. I nodded and told her I had to go.

I started to skate away, feeling eyes staring at me - I figured it was Sara - when I ran into James, my boyfriend, I forgot he went skating.

"Who was that talking to you," he asked me, I looked at the cute boy.

"I didn't get his name" I confessed, feeling sorta mad at myself. He nodded and held my hand, I smiled, we started skating around but I still felt like I was being stared at.

I looked at the guy, and saw him turn his head, was he looking at me?

I'd probably never see him again, he was just some random kid from skating - but if that was the case there wouldn't be a story to tell.